The Beginning Of The End

Harry and I sniffled and wiped away our tears, calming only ever so slightly as we walked into the DADA office with Professor Moody right behind us. I knew I needed to focus and calm down as I did not trust this man in the least bit as of recent days. He had the same sketchy tongue tick as Barty Crouch Junior, was almost always drinking from the flask he carried around in his pocket always.

"Be careful what we say." I quickly whispered in Harry's ear as I took my seat. Using the opportunity to speak as Professor Moody locked the office door.

"Are you all right, Potter's?" Moody asked gently. "Does it hurt?" He looked down at our arm's, that we were both cradling. "Those?"

"Not so much now." Harry replied.

"Perhaps I better take a look at them." Moody seized my arm roughly and I hissed in pain. He dropped it and then gently checked out Harry's arm.

"The cup was a portkey." Harry explained. "Someone had bewitched it."

I watched his face turn from what should have been concern, to rather great interest. His eyes lit up as though he were about to hang and live off from every next set of words that Harry would speak.

"What was it like?" Moody asked lowly. "What was he like?"

"Who?" Harry frowned.

"The Dark Lord." Moody stated and pressed his finger into Harry's cut. I felt the throbbing similar pain in my own and hissed slightly. Moody ignored me and quickly stood up to his feet. "What was it like to stand in his presence?"

I pinched Harry's leg as Moody's back turned to us. He looked at me at began to realize something was off.

"We don't know." Harry answered him.

Moody suddenly started gasping lightly. His hands shaking as he tried to keep it hidden from sight. He pulled the flask from his flask from his pocket, lifting it to his lips and getting nothing in return.

"It was like we'd fallen into one of our dreams. Into one of our nightmares." Harry confirmed as I ushered him to keep talking. I held my hand over my wand in my pocket as he dashed into the farthest part of the room, looking through his storages for more potion.

"Were there others? In the Graveyard, were there other?" He asked quickly. My breath caught in my throat confirming everything I thought. Even Harry froze, the realization of my warning hitting him like a bag of bricks.

"I-I don't think I said anything about a graveyard, Professor."

I held my wand out, standing to my feet in front of Harry. Professor Moody walked back around the corner a menacing look in his eyes.

"Marvelous creatures, dragons, aren't they." He stated. "Did you think that miserable oaf would've led you two into the woods if I hadn't suggested it?" He began scouring through his chests looking for more potion. "Think Cedric Diggory would've told you to open the egg underwater, if I hadn't told him first myself?" Moody yelled angrily. "Do you think Neville Longbottom, the witless wonder, could of provided you with Gillyweed if I hadn't given him the book that led him straight to it! HUH!"

"Take another step closer and I won't hesitate to blast you through the wall." I growled as he shouted nearly in our faces. I was holding out, only after seeing figures in the foe-glass coming to our rescue. Moody was far to invested in us with his magical eye to notice. His eye's narrowed and he did the tongue tick again, moving away, still clearly looking for more polyjuice potion. "This entire time it was you. You placed Harry and I's name's into the Goblet of Fire. You entered the maze and bewitched Viktor!" I shouted angrily.