ballroom chase

"Donelle!" Emmy tsked and looked up as her sister snatched the book out of her hand "c'mon now! Just let me finish this chapter!" Donelle ran into the kitchen "thats what you said last time and we were later than late!" Beth giggled from the chair besides the fireplace "don't laugh beth! I was invested!" They shut up as they heard footsteps going down the stairs, it was their brother, Rohan "going to meet Cam, hm?" Emmy teased "oh shut up Emmy, It's not like you're not going either" he almost mumbled. "Of course she is! This'll be so fun!" Beth sounded as if she could explode at any given moment. Donelle sighed and got up, she grabbed Emmy and Beth's hand on her way up the stairs, Emmy tried to wiggle out of her grip and eascape. "Dont you try Emmy!" Donelle tightened her grip around Emmy's wrist.
They eventually made it to their room "Oww why would you do that?! Now my wrists gonna hurt forever" Beth moaned. "Oh Beth, I guess You'll only have to stay home tonight then" Emmy sighed sarcastically. Donelle laughed "do you think mother would mind me borrowing her dress?" She asked shyly
"Which one?" Emmy asked, distracted with her own dress and hair. "Her purple one" Donelle suggested as she brushed her fingers along the fabric. Beth snorted "Yeah, It's her favorite how could she not notice it being gone?" It was silent for a while,' but if mom didn't check...' Donelle thought "Donelle! Don't you dare think about it! Mother will be super upset!" Beth exlaimed "really? But what if she doesn't check her closet all night?" Donelle suggested "Donelle, don't blame me or don't blame us when you get in trouble" Beth got up and went towards Emmy and sat in front of her, on a chair slightly lower than hers. Emmy started doing Beth's hair, she tried to grab her dress or get up but Emmy pulled her back down. "Emmy, you're too strict on us! We just wanna have fun!" Donelle sighed dramatically and acted as if she fell to the floor, and sighed again. "Oh my dearest apologies, I should go easier on my dear sisters" Emmy mumbled with a sassy tone. "Yes you should!" Beth giggled like a child.

Beth grabbed onto Emmy's arm "I don't know if I should be nerveous or happy anymore" she sighed "well Donelle already ran off so you'd better do so too" Emmy smiled at her sister "You're right, but what if I-" Emmy stopped and looked Beth in the eyes "if you keep doing that we'll be stuck here in this hallway forever, now shoo! Go find yourself a pretty Rich man!" Emmy dramatically let go of Beth's arm, Beth stared at her with a gaze that seemed both confused and embarassed and then she walked off. Emmy stood there making sure she was gone before she made her way up the stairs leading to the balcony above the Main ballroom, there was mostly lovey-dovey couples and drunk "gentlemen" if you could even begin to call them gentle, considering the way they acted, women were the better choice. She made her way out to the actual balcony, where she could veiw the sea. Right at the door she bumped into a young man, he looked her age "Oh I'm so sorry I didn't see you, little did I-" he laughed a little "whats so funny now?!" Emmy tsked and way about to turn away when he grabber her hand "I should be the one to apolgise, through a dance perhaps?" He gave her sneaky look "urgh!" She could feel she was turning red by the second "whatever" she laughed he smiled "well then what Are we wating for?"

Donelle pushed herself around in the full ballroom, she both hated and loved the thick air in there "Excuse me ma'am but I love your dress" a beautiful woman was standing in front of her, she was a little taller than her, but certanly pretty "oh thank you, between us two It's my mothers" she almost whispered and giggled,the woman laughed along with her. "well, purple truly seems Like your color!" She smiled. Donelle felt her heart skipped a beat, she felt A slight wave of shock 'did my heart just skip a beat?'. She snapped back to reality "oh thank you so much! You look beautiful yourself!" Donelle Said happily "oh thank you, but I'd best be heading Home now, my mother will worry" she waved and walked past her, donelle didnt Even have time to think before she ran after her "ma'am please wait!" She could feel people staring, she didn't care. She had to go after her, she needed her. The ballroom seemed ten times bigger now that she was practically chasing a woman across it. she pushed open the huge doors just to see the woman was standing at the outsite at the stairs, "please, could I walk you Home?" She asked, trying not to pant to catch up to her breath. woman looked at her "that's not very femeninie of you" she tilted her head. Donelle laughed "says who?" The woman smiled "god, You're too good to be true" Donelle stepped forwards with a grin and took her arm in hers. She gazed up at the night sky, the stars shone like glitter and gold. The woman had seemed to notice "the stars look like diamonds" Donelle faced her and nodded silently "that's what my mother always used to say, that's why my name is Diamond"