Our Dick

▄︻┻┳═一 ‧

"Aye, speed up Conor. I'm going to miss the talent show" I was in the back seat of Conors car, driving to school because I slept in and missed the bus. Conor was taunting school today so he offered me a lift, which I gratefully took.

I sang along to one of my favorite The Cure songs along with Conor while he pulled up outside the school. We said our goodbyes and I rushed to the hall. I passed Erin and Michelle who were walking into the hall like they're the shit, and gave them a glare as I caught up to Claire and sat down.

I turned around once we sat down and saw James shoving past Michelle and walking towards us, which was the reason a ever-growing smile appeared on my face. So, he actually is one of the kind ones. "Hi James" Claire and I both said at the same time as he sat down next to me, Claire on my other side. "Hi."

Jenny was the first to sing, it was a shite song to begin with but her singing it made it worse. She took the mic of the stand and attempted a high note, to which, James swiftly covered my ears with his hands to. I turned to him, curious as to whose hands were on my ears. And mouthed a 'thank you' as he smiled back.

"You know, every year, I sit backstage listening to the singers, and it really makes me realize just how talented the professionals who originally recorded these tracks were." Sister Michael spoke into the microphone causing me to quietly laugh.

"She's great craic." I whispered to Claire and James, laughing . "Yeah, until you get into trouble and she's giving out to you" Jame replied leaning forward so he could talk to both of us.

Some Irish dancers played then, causing Claire and I to roll our eyes. While James looked at them in amusement. Probably thinking 'what the fuck is Irish culture'

"Up next we have..." The sister rolled her eyes dramatically "Orla McCool" she said. James, Claire and I all looked at each-other. Orla hadn't told any of us about this.

Some song I didn't know started playing and she sat in a yoga position before starting and dancing in a very...different style. I heard some wee first years laugh and glared at them.

Soon enough, most people were laughing at her. "She's such a dick" I heard some wee fucker say from in-front of Erin.

Claire, James and I watched as Erin tapped the wee fucker on her shoulder "yeah, she might be a dick... But she's my dick!" Erin exclaimed pushing back her chair and standing up.

I cringed at her choice of words but before I could even go into detail about all the wrong things about that sentence. Claire stood up, pushing back her chair in suite. "Actually, she's our dick!"

They both walked up to the stage, leaving James, Michelle and I with our mouths hanging open in shock. "Oh, for fucks sake." Michelle muttered getting up and walking to the stage. James got up and looked back at me.

In all honesty, I still didn't really know where I stood in this friend group thing. So like wouldn't it be weird if I joined them without being invited.

"Come on, Cara" James said, pulling me out of my chair. I smiled, there's my invitation.

We all awkwardly started dancing on the stage together, making a fool of ourselves trying to copy Orla.

James spun me around for a second ,causing some colorful butterflies to be let loose in my stomach. Orla grabbed us both in a hug causing our smiles to grow even more.

I looked over at Sister Micheal while Orla was hugging Erin and I could've sworn that she actually looked happy.