Sicko

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ︎✧
┊ ┊ ✯
┊ . ˚ ˚✩

The golden hour sun peaked through the windows of my bedroom, waking me up. The second I got up, I felt like my head burning up and my throat felt like I hadn't had a sip of water in years.

I got out of bed, tumbling a bit on the stairs. And walked to the kitchen cupboard to see if we have any medicine hidden. I looked everywhere but we didn't even have calpol.

It was 10 O Clock on a Saturday so all my brothers were at training for some different sort of sport each and my dad was at work..great.

While getting a glass of water, I remembered how  James told me that Michelle's mammy was a Nurse. So I decided to ring their house. Surely they'd have medicine.

It's been a month since I started school in Our Lady's. And it's been great. The girls + James , are all closer to me than my old friends ever were. And they're all gas craic.

Orla, I found out myself. Is slightly on the loony side of things. But not so much that it's dangerous for her or anyone else. That's what I love about her, she can always make you laugh and always tells the best story's..I don't care if there real or not.

And Erin, isn't actually as uptight as I thought she was, sure she is sometimes but not all the time. She wants to be a journalist when she's older which is like super interesting. But she showed me some of her articles and I'm not convinced just yet that she'll be able to get the job..but I would never tell her that. She also has the coolest family ever, her grandad and aunt are my personal favorites though I do feel awfully bad for her dad.

Michelle, pretends she's all bitchy but I know deep down she's a softy in and out. Once someone called Claire a slur word for being lesbian and Michelle scared that fucker out of Derry. She also has amazing fashion taste and will always be brutally honest with you. Which is why she's one of my favorite people to shop with now.

Claire, has always been so kind to me and everyone. But only recently I've learned that she's also scared at almost anything. Which is okay, everyone had their flaws. Aside from that though she can be a badass sometimes when she snaps which always makes me happy to see. Nothing better than seeing Claire sticking up for herself.

Then, James. Well, James is just gorgeous inside and out. He always seems to put a smile on my face even in the worst situations. I feel bad for him sometimes though because he's english and some people (mostly Michelle) take the mick out of him for that. But I think the english accent sorta suits him. Okay, I love the english accent on him. It's weird though, because I hate the English.

Rinng ring ringgg ring rinnggg ring

"Uh hello?" James spoke into the phone. I contemplated using his unknowing of my house number to my advantage and prank him or not. Sadly, I felt too sick to laugh so I decided on the latter.

"Bonjour, James. Happen to have anything for like head aches and sore stomachs?" I asked with my fingers crossed while I heard shuffling in the background and James telling Michelle what I need.

"Fuck a doodle doo!" Michelle greeted me through the phone shouting, causing my head to hurt even more.

"You sick ,Cara ?"  Michelle added sounding a little bit worried. "No, I'm asking because I want to get high off your medicine, Michelle" I snapped sarcastically, being too tired to deal with this.

"Right we're on our way." Michelle said hanging up just as I was about to protest against it.

15 minutes later there was a ring at my doorbell. Claire, Michelle, James , Erin and Orla all were at my doorstep holding different things you would normally get really sick people.

"I'm not in the hospital yet lads" I rolled my eyes sitting on my big couch.  "'Yet', Cara. You can never be too careful"  Claire said pouring me a spoon of something.

"Ach, Cara, my fuck, you look knackered." Michelle said, plopping herself down next to me.
"Guys, thanks for the medicine, really. But I just want to sleep right now" I said, trying to get them to leave because aside from the fact I felt mank..James also was here and I looked mank, but before I got a chance to sleep I felt something come up my throat.

I stumbled to the bathroom and got sick, with someone coming behind me and pulling my hair back from my face. "You okay, Cara?" James asked me after I boked various amount of times. "Aye, please tell me you didn't see all of that" I looked back up to him expecting him to look completely disgusted but surprisingly he didn't seem to care.

We walked back to the kitchen/ sitting room together with me using him as support because I felt awfully dizzy after getting rid of my insides.

"Hello Cara!" I looked up to see my freckled face, black haired old friends from St Mary's on my couch. "Hi, Caoimhe? Are you well?" I asked hesitantly sitting on one of the old loveseats with James sitting on the arm rest of the chair.

"Aye sure I'm only grand.....I heard you were sick so decided to come around but turns out your occupied" she looked over at James who was dressed in beige trousers, a white top and my favorite denim jacket with fur on the inside, she starred at him for a little longer than my liking but I decided not to act on it.

"Ach , Caoimhe, I-" I tried to explain to her my plan of telling everyone to feck out of my gaff when Erin and Claire came in with enough medicine to cure all the wee kids in Africa.

Somehow I ended up waking up in my bed with all of my friends inspecting my room. James was looking at all my posters of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Cranberry's, The Undertones, Take that, ABBA and loads of other musicians. While Erin and Michelle were trying on all my clothes and Claire was reading my books. And my dog, Millie, lay asleep on my bed.

"How the fuck did I end up in my bed" I mumbled, taking in the sight of James and his long figure. "You fecking fainted and said hi to mammy Jesus when you saw the pills Claire wanted you to take. James had to carry you upstairs. Quite funny to watch actually, the wee dickhead barely made it up." Michelle informed me, wearing one of my favorite dresses.

"Right..."  I nodded, being to tired to put up a fight and tell them to leave. "I didn't know you played Guitar, Cara" James said pointing to where my electric and acoustic guitars were placed. "Aye, been playing since I was only a wee wain." James just nodded, now moving over to flick through my massive record collection.

I nodded off back to peaceful sleep and after a while I woke up to the  front door being shut, indicating that they'd left. I looked up to double check and saw a little note on my bedside locker.

'Cara,
Dickweed said you looked too
"Peaceful" sleeping and said we couldn't
Wake you. Whatever that's about.
We left some wee meds on your bedside table next to this note. Don't get worse, sugar lips. Xx

Ps. I took you're black mini dress and Claire took some fecking book. James just telling me now that he's taking a few of your records. Great, now Erin's taking a some fecking hat.

- Michelle '

I smiled reading over it and flipped it around to see if there was any more writing but saw a drawing of a dick. And I thought Michelle wouldn't be good at drawing but this looked certainly very like the ones I've seen in the biology books.