Free

Wanda walked into the room with the rest of the team following her.

"Sorry, Sam overheard my conversation and told everyone else." Wanda gave a small shrug of her shoulders.

"It's fine, Wanda. Just see what you can find." Steve reassuringly patted her shoulder and backed away from the bed to give her space.

Wanda took a seat on the bed next to Jade and frowned down at her friend. She looked so peaceful, but Wanda didn't know what she would find within the confines of Jade's mind. Being in someone's head could be a scary thing. Wanda never knew what kind of trauma she would run into. She took a deep breath and then placed her hands gently on either side of Jade's head. Wanda's eyes fluttered shut as she invaded Jade's mind.

"There's a barrier I can't get through. It's like her powers have created some type of shield that's preventing her from waking." Wanda mumbled. "Almost as if she's protecting herself."

"Protecting herself from what?" Bucky asked.

"I'm not sure." Wanda looked over at Bucky. "I'm going to try and push past it. It'll take a while, but I won't give up until I make it through." She focused back on Jade and closed her eyes.

Bucky scrambled to sit on the bed next to Jade. He grasped her hand and brought it to his lips.

"Jade, I need you to wake up. I...I have so many plans for us. I want us to get married, find a place of our own, start a family. I want to take you out on dates where we watch those awful horror movies you love. I want you to be the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see as I fall asleep. Come back to me, sugar."

Tears streamed down his face as he spoke. The team was watching the tender moment unfold, but Bucky didn't care. It didn't matter if he had ten thousand witnesses watching as he poured his heart out. The only thing that mattered was that Jade woke up.

"Bucky, keep talking to her. The barrier weakened when you spoke to her." Wanda urged him on. "I think she's trying to fight past her powers."

Bucky's eyes widened at Wanda's words and he continued.

"I need you to wake up, sugar. Steve needs you to wake up. The whole team needs you to wake up. We all love you so much." Bucky turned to face the team standing behind him, eyes landing on Steve. "Talk to her, Steve."

Steve approached the bed hesitantly and stood next to Bucky.

"Hey sweetheart. I miss you so damn much. I miss our late night talks and your cooking." A sheepish smile spread across Steve's face. "As much as I hate to admit that you're right, I really am a shit cook."

Tony and Bruce were next to step up.

"Hey doc, we really need you back. We're kind of falling apart without you. You know you're the only thing keeping Bruce and me from killing each other when we're in the lab. Come on, kiddo. Wake up." Tony's voice cracked a bit as he finished speaking.

"He's right, Jade. I've had to suppress the other guy more times than I can count at this point." Bruce chuckled before stepping back against the wall with Tony.

"Is it working, Wanda?" Bucky whispered.

"Yes, I'm close. Keep going."

Bucky looked behind him and waved for the rest of the team to step forward.

Natasha stepped up and squeezed Jade's forearm.

"You owe me and Wanda girl's nights for the rest of your life for making us worry about you so much. We may not be blood, but you're our sister and we love you." Natasha took a deep breath, but refused to let her tears fall.