Chapter 2

"Hi." You said to the man, trying to be polite.

He just turned his head and continued to wait. ( That was rude... ) you thought. A short man wearing darkened clothes as well appeared from around the corner, carrying a wine bottle filled with a dark, thick liquid, that was absolutely not wine. The short man handed it to the man standing next to you. Now you were starting to get curious, this odd man that you just met...in a way, gets this odd bloodish looking substance in a wine bottle. The guy next to you slams down a large hand full of money to pay for his drink and just walks away with no expression...a plain frown slapped across his face. Still staring at the strange man walking off you managed to say "Sorry about last night." to the bartender. And then you went after the man. He was now half way down the road until you tapped his back.

"I said 'hi' to you back there."

"So...?" Adam sighed.

"So...you're supposed to say hi back to me." You replied in a convenient tone.

"Hello and now goodbye."

"What are ya drinking there?"

"Wine. Leave me alone. Zombie."

"...Um I'm not a zombie. Do you see flesh hanging off my body and me trying to eat you?" You said, trying to be funny with your arms out, limping, like a real zombie.

"Ugh. Not what I meant. Bu-bye." Adam said in an irritated voice.

"Wait! I didn't catch your name."

"Adam."

You followed Adam all the way to his house until he turned around and held his arm out, letting you run into it. His face was mostly covered by his hair, his brown eyes looked at you as if he was staring right into your soul with an evil glare. A shot of fear ran up your spin, leaving you still as a statute, frozen. Adam turned back around saying nothing, walking through his front door. You quickly ran up the porch, placing your foot in between the wall and the door, to the point where he could not close it. He didn't really talk much, he mostly gave people long stares until they were very uncomfortable. Which he did to a lot, but for some odd reason you wanted to be friends with this different man, Adam.

"I told you to leave me alone! Go the fuck away!" He yelled at you.

"No. You're different from the others...I like that. I'm sorry, but there's just something about that I like. I don't know yet."

"I'm busy."

"With what? From what I see, you're lonely."

( She's right. I am lonely. But I don't want to have a zombie for company. ) Adam thought. "Fuck." He sighed.

Adam slammed the door in your face leaving all alone on the porch. You could of just left and forget this whole thing, but you wanted to stay, and so you did. When about fifteen minutes later, Adam notices that you're still out there, alone. His heart grew one centimeter bigger and decided to let you in. But he didn't know what to do with you. To your surprise the door opened, seeing Adam waiting for you on the other side. You walked in looking around, the place was a mess, but pretty cool. You could tell that he was into music, as were you. You looked to your right and saw the bottle of blood, staring at it with curiosity, then you turned to Adam.

"Nice place you got here. Now please tell me what is in that bottle you bought at the bar, I know it's not wine."

"That's for me to know and you not to find out."

"Why is your house not in the best order?"

"Do you ever stop asking questions?"

"But that's what new friends talk about...questions. To get to know each other better."

"Who's says that we're friends?"

Standing in the middle of the room, your head was full of thoughts, you start to wander around the house with Adam watching your every move. It kind of creeped you out...the way he looked at you. You could tell he was hiding something or more than just something.

"I can see you're into music. Do you have any samples?"

"Uh-yeah." He said as he left the room, and again you were alone. Hoping it would take a while you snuck into the kitchen to study the unknown drink. By the look of the top and the edges of the bottle he has already opened it and took a few sips. It was quite heavy, heavier than most alcohol. A minute passed by and then you heard footsteps behind you, get louder and louder by the second. You quickly turn around to see Adam giving you the special stare of his. You could tell he was very annoyed by your existence. He was tired of you bothering his savory blood.

Adam's head motioned you to follow him. He led you to a room with a music recording station. He slipped the tape into the recorder. You sat back and relaxed on the sofa, listen to his music, you thought it was amazing, but not your favorite, yet. Adam was hunched over in a chair near the recorder looking down in a depressed way. "Adam why do you seem so sad?" You asked with sorrow in your tone. He spun around in his chair, stared at you and then the ground. You as well looked at the ground where he was staring. There was a crooked, broken picture frame of another women in it, who seemed happy with whitish hair smiling at the camera. Adam took a long sigh of sadness.

"Was she your-?"

"Just don't think about it. Alright? Fuck." Adam said while picking the picture up and throwing it in anger, to which the picture frame smashed apart against the wall.

Adam cut the music off and stormed out of the room and into the kitchen. You waited for his return but he never came back. For you the time was late, but for Adam the time was early. Your eyes were now slowly shutting, trying to force them open, but it was no use. You fell sound asleep, while Adam remained wide awake. He stayed in the kitchen way from you, drinking his warm, thick, blood. When he was about half way done with his bottle he came to check on you. Adam's eyes stared at your body wondering what to do with you. ( Should I throw her out or let her stay in a room here?...You know for a zombie, she wasn't that bad. ) Adam thought to himself.

Adam's heart grew another centimeter bigger and picked you up, carrying you to the guest room. He gently placed you down covering you up with blankets. He stared at you for a moment to study you, he never really got the chance to see your true form. With that, Adam left the room with you asleep. He walked into the living room and picked up a violin. Stroking the cords one by one, he made a beautiful sound. But the thought of Eve still lingered in his head, even though it was a little over a year ago since she left. Adam shook the thought away and continued to play. After a while of drinking and fiddling around with his instruments, the sun began to peer over the horizon. Adam put away his things and went to bed.