Chapter 6

Adam sat at the end of the bed as you remained still asleep in a deep slumber. The sun was setting but it was extremely dark due to a small thunderstorm outside. His fingers tapped on the wood as if he was anxious/bothered by something. Face down staring at the floor with an expressionless look on his face, Adam stood up and turned around. ( She'll have to know at some point. Know that I'm...different ) he thought to himself.

You turned over on your side and continued to rest.

He felt compelled to wake you up, to get it over with, but he decided to leave you be and get some rest. The pain of fear surged through his body as if pins and needles stuck his nerves. Adam knew that the feelings he had for you were real. Even if it was wrong and not meant to be. He just didn't know how you would react to the thought that he was not human...not like you.

"If I showed her. No, maybe I should tell her first. Or maybe it would be best if she never knew." Adam muttered to himself. He joined the bed with you once more as you continued to sleep. The rugged man crossed his legs and stared at you, his eyes fade from brown to a dark yellow. ( I could turn her now. She wouldn't feel anything. And wouldn't notice. Right? ) he thought. ( No! That's nonsense. )

Adam placed his hand on the side of your face, feeling your skin, the warm flesh to his touch. A small smirk appeared across his lips as he moved the hair in your shut eyes behind your ear. He leaned closer to you and kissed your temple. He wasn't sure if he should stay by your side or if the best thing to do was be away from you.

( If I stay with (Name) then it will increase my thoughts of telling her...the truth...but if I let her rest alone then maybe I'll have a better chance of dealing with this situation ) thoughts corrupted Adam's head, leaving him with a headache. "Oh fuck it!" He sighed while getting out of bed, eyes changing back to normal.

The rugged man walked into the kitchen and found his half empty bottle of blood that he hid in a cabinet. He went into the living room and took a seat on the sofa, twisted the cap off and drank. The sweet refreshing taste slid down his dry throat as some drops went down the side of his face along his neck. ( She might want some later...Wait. What am I talking about? She won't become what I am. She'll end up leaving like Eve. Never to be seen again. ) the thought saddened him. Adam took one last large gulp of his drink and threw the empty bottle across the messy room.

To cheer himself up and pass some time while waiting for you to wake up, Adam decided to play one of his ancient instruments. He made his way to a larger area of the room next to a window where a set of drums laid.

He opened the curtain to see if any zombie's were lingering around his house. The bastards always like to fuck with Adam by hanging around, throwing rocks at the windows, and jacking his car up. But this time the street of Detroit were quiet tonight.

Adam picked up the sticks and began to gently hit the drums letting out sound waves that filled the silent house with music. He thought maybe he'd record and put his headphones on. After seven minutes of recording the slow, depressing song he got interrupted by your presents.

"Looks like someone's been playing some tunes." you said, bobbing your head up and down to the rhythm.

"Yeah..." Adam sighed, looking down, and taking his headset off.

"What's wrong?" you said calmly while making your way towards Adam.

"Nothing." he quickly responded still avoiding eye contact.

You approached Adam and hugged him. Your arms wrapped around his head as it was placed against your chest. The hug last for about a minute until you two departed. "How long have you been up?"

"A while."

"Did you have breakfast without me?" you smirked.

"No." Adam lied.

"Come, let's eat something. I'm starved." you said grabbing Adam's hand, leading him into the kitchen.

Adam's heart began to beat faster with joy, to be with you, but at the same time fear. You on the other hand were pulling different ingredients from shelves, the refrigerator, and pantry. He kept giving you this worried look as if he had something important to tell you, but you never noticed, for you were too busy trying to cook food. "Adam?!"

"Yes?"

"This has expired!" you yelp disgusted.

"Sorry...I must go shopping soon." he chuckled.

You went up to him and kissed his cheek, which made him smile big. But the the smile faded to a frown. The rugged man brushed his fingered through his messy black hair stressfully and exhaled.

Moments went by and you handed Adam a plate as you joined him at the table. "Are you gonna eat?"

"I'm not really that hungry." he answered, pushing it away. "After you eat, you better get your stuff together."

You stopped what you were doing and stared at Adam confused. "The reason why I packed was because we both agreed that I was going to stay here for a while. Why are you saying pack back up?"

"Well-uh..."

"Am I not welcome here anymore? Was your plan to have sex with me and just make me leave like some whore?" you raised your voice.

"No! I care about you and I don't want to hurt you!"

"Why would you hurt me Adam?" you asked in a calmer tone, but with a small bit of fear.

"Because I'm a monster!" Adam finally said looking down covering his face so you can't look at it.

"Adam-" you got cut off from your sentence in shock, jumping back.

He looked up at you with eyes bright yellow and filled with tears. His mouth draped open as sharp fangs hung from the top of it. Showing his true form.