Chapter 3

The time was 10:32 AM and your eyes started to open. You ended up sleeping later than normal. The first thing you notice was the stain black ceiling, so confused now. Books cover the floor, the wall was a blood red color, it was mostly dark because of the black curtain covering the window. Every time you moved the bed would creak, there was a smell in the air of metal, death, and flowers. The door was crooked, like someone threw the it in between the wall. The room was lifeless, so cold, so quiet...so...confused. You had no idea where you were.

You stood up beside the bed, almost tripping over a rather large book. Your hand met the door knob, not even having to twist it, it opened. Ahead was a long corridor. ( Damn. What a mess.) You thought. The house was dark, almost seemed like night. You put your hands against the wall to feel around. When you reached the end of the hallway, you took a left, which led you to the kitchen. Seeing the bottle now empty on the table, you pick it up and put your nose up to the edge smelling the liquid that remained on the sides. The sour scent of metal entered your system, making your nose squint. "Blood." You whispered. ( Is Adam a vampire? No they don't exist!" ) The house still remained quiet, which creeped you out even more. You walked around the old home wondering where Adam was. You found another door and opened it, inside was quite like the room that you slept in, but a lot neater, and less torn up.

You left that room and continued your little tour. To your left was another door. You put your hand on the knob, slowly, and carefully opening it. In the middle of the large room was a bed with a lump of covers and sheets laying on it in the shape of a person. Quite frightened, thinking if you should wake the person up or leave. Moments went by of lifeless motion, staring at the bumps of covers. Finally you made your mind and decided to wake up the still body. With one foot after another you became closer and closer to the bed, your hand gently touched the man, slowly rubbing down close towards the waist.

While looking at what seemed like a corpse laying on the soft bed, you noticed that the man looked familiar. It was Adam. With your hand still remaining on his body which was very cold, a hand grabbed your arm. You swung back in surprise to see that it was Adams hand that touched you. He slowly raised himself up to the point where he was sitting. His back slightly crooked, shirtless, hair all messy, with a pissed off look on his face.

"I'm sorry!" You yelped as if he was going to beat the shit out of you, for awaking him.

"Why the fuck did you wake me up so damn early!" Adam growled. Moments went by. *long sigh* "I'm sorry I frightened you..." Adam said in a cooler tone. ( Shit I forgot. We're different. I'm a vampire and she's a zombie. I sleep during the day and she sleeps during the night ) he thought.

You as well took a long sigh in relief, very shocked that he really apologize. Adam's head hung low, until he glanced up at you. "Shouldn't you be home." Adam said in a tired like voice.

"I...uh...um." You began to stutter in fear, not knowing what to say, with this weird experience you and Adam had with each other.

"Go away, and let me continue my sleep."

"Why are you sleeping during the day then?"

"...I stayed up late last night and I'm tired. Bye."

You walked out of the room, leavening Adam alone. You went into the living room and sat on the couch thinking... ( Shit I sure am hungry. I don't want to leave, but I know it's the right thing to do. ) With that thought you got up and left. As you stepped down the porch stairs you took your phone out of your pocket. Now on 15% not really giving a fuck about the battery percentage you went to maps, adding the house address, because you just had to come back tonight and see Adam. Now food...

He did live in a quite scary neighborhood, that you've never been in or heard of. All of the houses seemed to be abounded, and trashed. ( Oh yeah. If I take a right and head down this side walk, I'll be at the bar where my car is in about 10-15 minutes. ) You walked down the path. The sun was so bright, it burned your eyes, so you had to travel with your head down staring at the ground.

You finally made it, and got in your car. The key slipped into the hole and turned. The sound of five thud's spit out of the car. And so you turned the key again, once more nothing but five thud's. The red point was on E, so now you need to find some gas. You walk into the bar.

"Where is the closest gas station?"

"Uh-down the road...bout three miles maybe." Said an overweight man sitting in a corner.

You marched out the door in anger. Your phone almost dead, car out of gas, stuck at this run down bar. You leaned your back against the hot car door thinking of what to do. After a minute you called your friend and explained everything but not about Adam. ( Adam...I forgot about him. Ugh I'm sick of all these normal people. I miss Adam. ) Your annoying friend showed up after five minutes with a gallon of gas, filled the tank, and left.

You were lucky she came, but something inside you felt different...after being with Adam. You tried to get your mind off it, and got something to eat. When the day was half way over you went back home, changed clothes and took a shower. The hot water felt so good and refreshing down your tired body. For the rest of the day, you relaxed and was getting prepared for tonight. You had a lot of rest, so that you could stay up with Adam all night, and try to prove that he is a vampire.

The reddish orange sky faded to dark blue until it was pitch black, with the bright moonlight shining down on planet earth. You grabbed your phone, now fully charged, and headed straight for Adam's. Two headlights shined on his dark broken house, which triggered Adam to walk outside.

"The hell are you doing back here?" He shouted.

"To see you of course." You replied.

"Why?"

You made your way up the porch and gave Adam a big hug. Normally Adam would have pushed you away, but instead he put one arm around you, and laid his lead on top of yours. His heart felt warm and grew one inch bigger. That hug made Adam's merry-go-round slow down as if it was spinning fast and someone smacked the fuck out of it with their hand, but it still spun round and round, just a bit slower. You took a step back and stared up at Adam. His hair had been brushed, but in his face barely covering his eyes. He had a small smirk, which was amazing, most of the time he had a depressing frown. ( What the fuck is wrong with me! I haven't felt this way since...Eve. Oh God, am I falling for a zombie? ) Adam thought.

"Come in." Adam said holding the door open for you.