Chapter 7

Silence filled the room with a painstaking nerve shooting through Adam. He was never the kind of man to cry or even shed a tear, no matter what the situation was. This is a new experience for him, Adam has never felt this way about anyone...not even Eve. He hated the thought of you having to see him like this, but it was the best for you to go ahead and know the truth.

"I knew it."

"What?..." Adam said confused and in disbelief.

"I-I mean..."

"How?" He said as his eyes changed back to brown.

"Well, I thought that you were a vampire, but I didn't think that my theory was correct!" you said surprised.

"I'm sorry!" he said while covering his face once more.

"Adam. There's nothing to be sorry about. Don't be ashamed of who or what you are. Be proud."

"How am I supposed to be proud?" he asked with a laugh, cheering up a bit.

"I don't know. Be proud that you're different."

"But...what about you? You are completely different from me."

"So, I adjust."

"You can't just adjust to that. You have a job, which you haven't been to in a while, and a life. I'm sorry, but you can not have a small love life with me and hang around. You need the sun, you need the daylight, not me." Said Adam in a sadder tone.

You sat up in your chair and moved your hair behind you, brushing your fingers through it in a stressful way. You did not want to leave, you preferred to stay here with Adam, in your own little world, being away from all of stupid people out there. Staying in this crooked house made you happy. Leaving him would not feel right. You repositioned your chair and gently removed his hands from his head.

"I don't want to leave you. What will you do if I go away?"

"I guess what I've always done. Nothing."

Tears began to rush to your eyes. You didn't care if he was different, the thought of him being a vampire slipped your mind. "Please Adam. Is there anything I can do?"

"No, I'm sorry...You should probably get your stuff together and go home at sunrise." All of a sudden lightning and thunder clashed together at the same time, making the power go out. Letting the entire house become pitch black dark. "Dammit!" Shouted Adam. You gasped in fright as your heart rate increased.

"ADAM! WHERE DID YOU GO?!" You yelled, waving your arms about in the darkness.

"I-I'm right here." He responded as you accidently hit the side of his temple.

"Oops, my bad." You giggled.

He deeply exhaled. "Well I'm going to try and fix the power."

"Okay, hurry back." You said waving goodbye in the dark room as Adam could not see you.

Nothing was to be heard until, "Fuck!" and a loud crash of guitars bumping into each other, slamming against the floor. "Mother of-"

"Are you alright?" You yelled across the room.

"Yeah! I just stubbed my fucking toe!" Adam continued on through the house until you heard the back door open, the rain pouring down, then the door shut.

You tried to get up and move somewhere else, but it was impossible. Each step you took, you ran into something. "Ugh." You said aloud, shoving boxes, chairs, instruments, and things that you could not identify out of the way.

A flash of light appeared but then quickly faded away to black again. While still slowly walking, you tripped over a cord and fall onto the sofa. "Ah!" You said as your body hit the soft cushion. Wondering if Adam was almost done, you turned and sat on the couch, patiently waiting for his return.

Moments later the lights completely came back on and Adam entered the house, soaking wet. "Are you okay?" You asked laughing at his wet black hair.

"What's so funny?" He said, motioning his head upward in a curious fashion.

"Uh-nothing." You quickly said.

The lights began to flicker on and off. You looked up at the ceiling, then at Adam. "What? I'm not going back out there just to fix the bloody lights." He said, taking a seat next to you.

You inched closer to Adam, placing your head on his right shoulder. "I'm going to miss you." You said, starting to take things more seriously.

"I as well." He sighed.

"What shall we do with our last few hours together?"

"I don't know." He said with a frown, looking up at you.

"I guess the question that you've been waiting for is 'how are you real?' or something like that..."

"Ehehe. Yeah, I suppose that at some point you'd ask. Well, 'vampires' are just like zombies (human's, as I call them) except we feed of blood and hate the sunlight. And can live for several centuries."

"Wow. I thought it was all just a myth. Wait, how old are you, really?"

"About 3,429 years maybe. I can't keep up with the numbers."

"So. I like a man that's over three thousand years old?! Holy shit!"

"Technically, in human years, I am around 30-35 years old."

"Oh...Were the bottles of 'alcohol' really blood?"

"Yes." He said in an innocent tone.

"I knew it."

"So apparently I'm not that good at hiding things." He laughed.

On a more serious note you sighed. "Do I really have to go?"

Instead of answering, he hugged you. It was different. A good different. You hugged him back. The thought coming back to you. Being normal again. Living amongst the people of the world who treat it so badly. Not caring of what they do anymore.

The hug departed. Adam stared at the ground. "I think you should leave now."

"But-"

"Now!"

You said nothing as you jumped up and headed to his room. ( I can't go on with this 'love' bullshit anymore. Why did I have feelings for her? What's so special? What's even the point? ) Adam thought to himself.

Grabbing your small suitcase, you slowly put clothes in it, trying to make time move at a slower pace. ( I should have never come here. I feel so stupid for making myself have feelings for that man. It's all my fault! ) you thought to yourself.

Once everything was packed, you zipped it up, put it on the floor, and closed your eyes for a few seconds, trying to hold tears in. ( I should not show feelings. I don't love him! )

Adam walked in and brought your suitcase into the living room. You then followed behind. "The sun will be up less than an hour." He told you.

"K...well-this is goodbye then." You said staring at him then bringing your gaze away.

"It was fun, being with you." Said Adam, scratching the back of his head.

You hugged him one last time and went out the door, not looking back. The porch door closed shut. Adam tightened his robe and walked up stairs, and headed to the window that faced the street. He moved the long black and red drape to look out. The rugged man saw you making your way down the road in the mist rain. After thinking for a short while he ran.

When you were halfway down the street, he rushed down the staircase, and to the door. It whipped open.

"(Name)!" He called out.

You turn around and saw him in the distance, standing in the road along with you. "What?" You answered back.

Adam motioned you to come to him and so you did. With each step you got faster until you were now running towards him. Once you reached him, you jumped in his arms.

"I think I have a solution to the problem!" He said putting you down back on the ground, smiling.