𝟭𝟭 : ̗̀➛ 𝘕𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘈𝘥𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 ⋆·˚ ༘ *

TWO WEEKS LATERSOUTH DAKOTA ☆ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ☆

TWO WEEKS LATER
SOUTH DAKOTA
☆ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ☆

"The sudden appearance of an enormous stone figure in the Indian Ocean has left more questions than answers for authorities," a female reporter said from the TV sat in the corner of the living room inside Ajak's old cabin.

"U.S. and Australian naval ships are maintaining defensive positions, but as this. . ."

Ben, Phastos's husband, moved his eyes away from the TV to stare at Druig, Makkari, (Y/N) and Phastos all squished up in one of the couches with raised eyebrows, "You guys did that?"

Phastos swallowed the bite of pizza he had in his mouth and spoke up. "I love you so much."

(Y/N) continued to mindlessly eat her tray of french fries with her gaze fixed on the TV, the corner of her eye watching how Thena seemed to be in a conversation with Jack in the kitchen until the familiar sound of her sword rang through her ears.

This alerted Phastos and he immediately sat up to rush over. "Um, can you just. . ." he placed the plate in Makkari's legs and she did a face of protest as the trio watched him stand up. "Look. . .One second."

"Okay. All right," he laughed and walked over to Jack with a nervous smile. "See, that thing is. . .Okay. Almost gave you a shave and a haircut, didn't she? Stand behind me, actually."

"Um, remember earmuffs? Remember how we practiced earmuffs? Thank you so much," Phastos spoke calmly to Jack as the little boy covered his ears with his hands. This seemed to relax him and Phastos turned back to look at Thena with an angry look. "You know that your babysitting privileges are completely revoked, right? Like, it's done."

(Y/N) laughed under her breath at that and stood up from the couch as well once her tray was empty, walking over to the kitchen where Phastos was still lecturing both Jack and Thena at the same time.

"Thank you," Phastos had looked back to gesture Jack to uncover his ears and grabbed his shoulder. "Violence. . .hey. Violence is never the answer. Right, T? You gotta always use your brain, hmm?"

"Like you did fighting on the beach?" Thena tilted her head with an accusing look and gave (Y/N) a smirk one she felt her presence behind her.

"Your dad spoke calmly and firmly to the bad guy and he had no choice but to listen to me, so no violence," Phastos ignored her words and continued on to prove his point.

"So, yelling and throwing punches is now a way to solve things calmly and firmly?" (Y/N) crossed her arms and Phastos snapped his head over to her. She made a funny face as she locked eyes with Jack and the boy chuckled at this actions.

Makkari joined the group and placed her jacket on. "The kid is ten. . .not stupid!"

"When are you guys leaving? When is that happening? That's happening soon, right?" Phastos signed his words through and his eyes followed along the group.

It was true, because of the truth that had been unraveled to the Eternals over the course of the last few days, Thena, Makkari and Druig offered to take the Domo to find the other Eternals and break the news to them. Since (Y/N) was still fixing some stuff back where she lives, she kindly denied the offer and convinced to stay behind for a few months and then join them in the mission.

Druig also had stood up from the couch and held his empty bowl in his two hands, throwing the food crumbs in Phastos's face to annoy him as he walked by him.

"Ah, yes, there's Druig," Phastos said nervously. "Don't get what (Y/N) sees in him, and don't go anywhere near him."

☆ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ☆

Along the dry grass that surrounded the old cabin in the middle of nowhere stood the Domo itself, hovering in the air safely as it looked the exact same as it did five centuries ago. Thena was the one ahead of the group, walking over to the ship in her own rhythm while Phastos, (Y/N), Druig and Makkari trailed a few feet behind with Jack beside them.

"Okay, that's far enough, Jack," Phastos placed a hand in front of Jack's chest to stop him from walking forward.

Jack gasped at the sight of the ship since he had insisted in seeing it. "Wow, Dad, the Domo's so cool."

"Your dad fixed that with his own hands."

Jack grinned. "Can we go to space, too, one day?"

"Let's wait till you get your learner's permit? okay?" Phastos placed his hands on the boy's shoulders.

"Hey, Phastos," Druig stepped forward as he called the man's name, his hands clasped together. "Take care. This world is lucky to have you."

"Thank you," Phastos extended his hand for a handshake. "I know you're not a hugger, so — "

Druig joined his hand for the handshake too but surprised everyone watching after he pulled Phastos in for a hug, clapping his hand on his back. (Y/N) smiled at the sight of this and exchanged a look with Makkari at this.

"You think when we find other Eternals out there, that they'll accept the truth the way we did?" Druig questioned.

Makkari nodded before raising her hands to sign. "Because the truth will set them free."

Druig seemed to think this words through and then moved back to finally stare down at (Y/N) properly, watching how she stuffed her hands in her pockets as if she dreaded this part of the day.

"Are you sure you can't come?" his eyes were silently pleading, which (Y/N) found slightly amusing to see.

"I have to make some arrangements back home," she winced, feeling guilty about having to leave him again. "When I'm done you better come and find me. Don't leave me out of the fun."

"I wouldn't dream of it," Druig smiled genuinely.

(Y/N) sighed and her gaze flicked from him to Makkari. "Take care. Don't do anything stupid."

"Yes, ma'am," Druig saluted playfully as Makkari smiled at their antics.

Phastos and (Y/N) were able to see how they climbed inside the Domo before it flew away out of their eyesight, taking over space as it did a long time ago.