Prologue

When Owen was hired to take care and train four new baby raptors, each with a genetic splicing of a specific animal with velociraptor DNA, he had no idea what was in store for him. The moment he laid eyes on the first raptor breaking out of her shell, he felt…something. A baby raptor with distinguishing blue streaks was the first raptor he held. As he held her in his arms the blue streaks always seemed to always be in his line of sight. In the lab’s hatching area, Owen named his first girl, Blue. 

Charlie, Delta and Echo came in respectively, and they took a liking to him too as they ran around his legs, occasionally biting through the fabric of the pant leg. In the nursery room, Owen filed his reports on each of his girls, their progress in training as well as their daily lives during the nursery room whenever he visited them.

Although he knew the reports he sent were for the InGen Lan since they are the ones in charge of the splicing and the birth of dinosaurs, he had no idea his interactions with his girls caught sight of one of the scientists of InGen, specifically a head geneticist.

***

Dr. Henry Wu managed to view the files and watched them with keen interest. He had taken note of how the raptors seemed to respond to Owen more so than the other caretakers. At most they would growl and snap at them like what a velociraptor should do when faced with a threat but Owen…

They would somehow miraculously turn into baby domestic puppies, crooning and chirping at him to get his attention.

"Incredible…" He would think as he watched the videos. The intelligence in their eyes never evaded his sights although his sights were mostly set on the first raptor that hatched from her egg.

The adoration and possessiveness was so clear to her eyes that Wu had a sudden, insane thought. 

Suppose that dinosaurs are alive but sometimes people forget the dangers they possess. But what if…there were some dinosaurs who had the intellect and EQ of a human being? 

Wu scratched that thought off. It was impossible, dinosaurs are creatures of instinct and despite showing signs of intelligence, all in all instincts are the first ones to respond to their bodies before their brain.

Wu's eyes trailed to Owen's figure as he gently scratched the underside of baby Blue's snout, him chuckling almost ready to become a laugh and she crooning and purring while never taking her eyes off him.

Then again, for the past 65 million years people thought that they would never see the sight of a dinosaur and yet here they are…

If he can bring back a fossilized animal back to life just by science then isn't it that far of a stretch to reprogram the structure of a human body to that of a velociraptor?

"But that would take a lot of research and experiments" 

Wu thought as his hands slowly wrote out a diagram of the human body. "The process has to be slow and gradual otherwise they wouldn't be able to handle the strain…" Wu thought as he glanced down at the structural body of the human and dinosaur side by side. 

"Man, I thought I've been giving her the right nutrients but it seems like the disease is caused by a pathogen…"

The words caught Dr. Wu's attention as he turned. A fellow scientist was scratching his head as he stared at a house plant that was slowly turning colors. "How long did you have that plant?" Wu asked and the young scientist jumped in surprise, not expecting to be actually talking to the man known to the dinosaur world as a genius in the art of bringing them back to life.

"Uh…a couple of years sir." 

Wu hummed as he glanced at the plant, it looked the same as it was only that the leaves were slowly changing color and sooner or later the leaves would change as well…