Chapter 12

Owen huffed as he carried all the stuff he had - save for his rifle - on his mouth and his claws, the claws were a bit hard to manage since they weren't technically built for holding on to things. He couldn't risk letting Hoskins get suspicious of her and the others when he consults them about his whereabouts.

He and the other raptors managed to safely head to his bungalow. 

The girls chirped as they spread out and began checking out his bungalow "Whole place smells like Alpha. This is Alpha's nest?" Delta asked as Charlie scrambled up to the porch, chirping with curiosity at the assortment of things on the porch. 

"I guess you could call it that..." Owen said as he unceremoniously dropped his items down. He grimaced when he saw saliva clinging onto the items. Heading straight to the door, it took him three tries - he noted on using another door, something like a dummy or a lever door knob - before he finally managed to enter his home. He was just glad he forgot to lock his bungalow for the day before he headed out with Claire this morning.

"Welcome to my home - nest. Feel free to explore just...don't destroy everything. Also, don't follow me up. I need some alone time while waiting for someone"

Owen said as he immediately made his way up the stairs and to his room, stumbling along when his clawed foot slipped. He trusts his girls to behave themselves although he can't help but think they might break or destroy something in there...or make a mess.

"Listen kid, you must never bring home a wild animal. They're not domesticated enough to live in the house"

"Sorry pops"

***

The girls followed after him in a single file, seeing as they can't seem to fit when they went in together. "Alpha's nest smells like Alpha!" Charlie said as she glanced around the room. The place had a big enough of space and it looked homey and giving the feel of a single person living here when there were no elaborate decorations on except with a few pictures of what appeared to be their Alpha and his parents. Blue sniffed and coed at the picture.

"So you were fat!" Echo's words made Blue and Delta, who somehow found her way to the kitchen and began sniffing at the left over food, snap their attention to Echo who was sniffing and looking over a medium sized picture of their Alpha and them in their hatchling years. Echo had managed to spot it when she decided the curtains looked tantalizing enough for her to sharpen her claws when she caught sight of the photo.

"I am NOT fat" Charlie snapped as she chomped on the photo and took it away from Echo's prying eyes. Soon, the two raptors suddenly got involved in a game of chase and grab. Delta screeched when Charlie's tail knocked over a lamp and it fell. Echo managed to break a cheap looking vase. 

"Both of you stop it!" Delta roared as she tried to herd in her two rambunctious sisters. From upstairs, Owen was already counting down the money he needed to fix all the damages.

Delta managed to grab Echo's tail while Charlie immediately ran around Blue who looked seconds from roaring at them to stop. Delta stumbled when Echo stopped. The momentum stumbled Delta and she crashed onto a table, her snout pressing against a weird shaped device when all of a sudden the big black box lit up.

 Intrigued, the girls piled on to where they could see the images the black box was showing them clearly. Echo pushed the couch away as they comfortably lay down and watched the images "Lots of potential prey" Blue muttered. The girls found themselves discussing on whether or not they should try out hunting the animals being shown while waiting for Alpha.

***

It felt like a miracle when the ruckus died down - Owen had never been so happy to hear silence before - as Owen tried to type down the words to Barry on his computer. His writing with raptor claws suck to the point Claire was barely able to make out, he can't even begin to scratch the ground using his dew claws again otherwise he might just chip a claw.