Chapter 10

Claire was driving on autopilot as she drove...well, nowhere. She drove straight to where enclosures like this were restricted and away from the public view which is the perfect hiding spot for the time being.

She stopped the truck and breathed a sigh "We should be safe here" She muttered. But for how long? The I-Rex's main destination was in the park's center and she is already close to on her way. She must be stopped but the question is how?

"Oh!"

Gray's surprised voice startled Claire as she glanced at the mirror to stare at Gray who was sneaking a peek at the back. Zara was quick to pull him back and shut the windows in fear of one of the raptors poking their heads in. "What's going on back there?" Claire asked "One of them just started snapping and biting the Alpha. I thought I saw blood" Gray said, pondering at the last part.

Claire tightened her grip at the wheel. "Was Owen losing control of his pack?" Claire had no idea. "It looked like they were arguing" Gray said "Can animals even argue?" Zach asked "I don't even want to know. Let's just focus on contacting the head security" Zara said. 'We can't do that now" Claire said, voice tight. "Apparently, our head security just got the crazy idea of using the raptors to hunt the Indominus Rex"

Zara raised a brow. She may not be well verse in the comings and goings of security here in Jurassic World but she has enough smarts or more to know what an insane idea it is "Is he serious? Using those small animals against a creature like that?" Even Claire was beginning to see the impossibility of that.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

Loud noises at the back made Claire's eyes glance from time to time at the window barrier. Just what was going on there? Were they having a fight?

***

As soon as Owen finally had the time to relax and not think about anything with the adrenaline of the recent events that led them here, Owen finally felt the things that he had been pushing at the back in his mind come full force as he stretched his arms and glanced down at the three fingered claws.

In just a few hours, his life spiraled downhill. He's been stripped of his humanity, he can't even find a single thing on his body that looked remotely human anymore, Claire and the rest of the people can't understand him. Hell, he even killed and ate like an animal! What was even worse was that a part of him was enjoying the 'meal' he had killed. Remembering that made Owen slightly sick.

He can't even trust InGen to make a cure for him on the go, not if they suddenly became interested in his biology and transformation from man to dinosaur. He was sure they would more or less like to keep him as a test subject and try to take him apart and re-stitch him back again like an old science horror scene. Also, he had a sneaking suspicion that they were behind this. This entire transformation fiasco screams of science magic or whatever they did to alter himself.

Owen felt his eyes starting to mist over. Huh, at least a part of humanity is still with him. Even if its just a miniscule. "Alpha?" Blue's voice reached his hearing as he turned to her. "Where are we going?" The distressed and concern look he saw on her face was almost human - if Blue's face wasn't only that of an animal covered with scales and razor shar teeth and claws - that Owen felt the need to answer her.

"I don't know..." Owen answered honestly. He really doesn't want to think about anything anymore, not while he still has time to process what has happened to his life.

Jesus...What am I gonna tell my parents?!

He wasn't sure if he was ever going to cross over that kind of bridge. For one thing, his ma would demand answers no doubt and pa would end up punching some science geek in the face for what has happened to him. The faces of his parents appearing on his mind lifted Owen's mood a bit before he yelped when Blue suddenly bit him on his side.