Chapter 17

Owen had no plan when he saw the I-Rex and the three raptors surrounding the humans but all he knew was that he needed to save his friends and convince those three raptors of who is the true evil here.

When Owen first encountered them from their attack on the I-Rex, he had the impression that these three weren't exactly raised like how he raised his girls. For one thing, their language looked broken and at times they would prefer to start making noises that weren't exactly raptor like that would even confuse his girls.

What's more, the way they named him. Seriously, who names someone like Black-Brown Spots? It sounds more like a description than a name. Owen had an inkling these three were born and raised in a more isolated environment based only from that.

While he one sided conversed and actually have socially bonded with his girls. He guessed the only thing the raptors were bonding with are themselves and the never ending sounds of machines and other forms of experiments. This he felt sympathy for them and would try to help them if possible and break them away from the I-Rex before any of these three does something that he might be forced to take action.

Owen approached the raptor as she hissed and warned him to back off. "You don't have to do this" Owen began but was immediately cut off by the  I-Rex who roared "Alpha lies. Alpha sides with soft meat humans. Alpha and his pack enemy to pack!" Owen could feel a tick somewhere on his head as he roared at the I-Rex "You're not one of us! Not part of pack!" He turned to the velociraptor who's eyes stayed on him, silent.

"You are alpha of pack. Not the fake alpha. Fake alpha lies and deceives. Kills not for food and survival"

While Owen was busy trying to let the raptor see reason. The I-Rex was getting angrier and angrier the longer this went on and it seemed like her small ones are slowly considering it but they were still hesitant. It was time to end this before it spreads. She raised a clawed arm to swipe both Owen and the other raptor but Blue was quick to move and before Owen knew it,  he was pushed aside just as he felt the wind of a clawed arm swipe from where he was standing just seconds ago.

"Blue!" Barry cried out when Blue and the other raptor were flung to a wall and fell down, unmoving. From the corner of Owen's eyes, he could see the other raptor breathing deeply and moving quite a bit but Blue...

Owen saw red - his raptor side and human side seemingly agreeing for one thing - as he turned to the I-Rex and roared, jaws opened so wide the humans could see the total row of teeth. In succession, his pack also let out angered roars and with Owen's first move, they attacked. The other raptor's pack quickly attacked as well, they may see the I-Rex as a strong alpha but a pack member attacking another is equal to being a traitor and must be eliminated.

Owen's only thought was: This bitch had to die.

***

Barry was quick to move the group to a safer distance while he drew his hand gun and Claire with Owen's rifle as thye started to fire at the I-Rex, making sure it was far away from any of the raptors.

It was the first time Barry had seen Owen this mad. The man never disclosed on anything during his time at the Navy but seeing the ruthlessness flashing in his eyes gives Barry a pretty strong guess to what Owen was like befire they met.

At first, it seems as though the might hold on but then the I-Rex started picking up the raptors one by one and tossing them away. One landed harshly on the ground and Delta yelped when she was suddenly picked up and tossed aside and straight to where she was being burned alive.

Owen barked as Delta shrieked and rolled over and got out of the heat that burns her. She let out a weak chitter and sniffed at herself. Thankfully, the fire didn't burn her scales off quickly and she only suffered a few burns.

"We need more teeth..." Claire said. They would never defeat her if they rely on Owen and his raptors to do it, they would soon tire and become mince meat. Claire handed the rifle to a surprised Zara who fumbled with the weapon as Claire quickly made a dash across the street and towards the restricted paddocks.

"Aunt Claire!" Both boys cried out when Claire ducked and felt the tail end of the I-Rex swish across her back before she stood up and ran. Safely making it to the other side, she pulled up her phone and contacted Control, hoping at least someone was still there.

"Claire?"

"Lowrey!" Claire gasped as the fanboy dinosaur's voice reached her ears "I need you to open paddock 9" She said without any hesitation. Back in Control, Lowrey blinked as he inspected the gate of paddock 9 and his eyes might've doubled in size when he checked the residence there.

"Paddock 9? Are you kidding me?" He opened the security camera to see Claire standing there in front of paddock 9 with an unlit flare on her hand. Turning to the camera, she glared at Lowrey "Damnit Lowrey be a man and do something for once in your life!" She half yelled before hanging up.

"Do you have to make it personal?" Lowrey asked as he stared at Claire who didn't move from her spot. Lowrey sighed heavily before he reluctantly unlocked all the bars of paddock 9.

He stared up at Claire's immage only said two words.

"Good Luck"

***

Claire gave the camera a grateful look, not knowing if it could be seen because it was dark. She quickly lit the flare in her hands and waited as the doors fully opened to show a forest like scenery.

A perfect habitat for any type of animal.

A perfect habitat fit for a king.

The slow pounding of footsteps made Claire tense up and hold her footing as the Tyrannosaurus Rex slowly emerged from the shadows. Keeping her distance, Claire made sure she got the Rex's attention before she began a full on sprint with the T-Rex roaring right behind her, its breath blowing her hair forward.

***

They were losing.

Was the first thing that entered Barry's mind as they fought off the I-Rex with everything they got. Echo had been thrown to a large amber stone display which was thankfully plastic therefore lessened the damage otherwise Barry was sure a throwing impact like that could’ve broken nearly every bone in Echo's body.

Owen could barely hold on as he clawed on the back of the I-Rex and avoiding her jaws that seem to have an extra snap whenever he was close. Fed up with the elusive Alpha, the I-Rex did a reckless move and dropped to the ground before rolling over.

Owen quickly jumped down and moved out of the way. The mistake he realized was when he jumped down with his back turned towards the I-Rex and he only caught a glimpse of her grin before jaws clamp shut on his body.

"Owen!"