Chapter 11

BEFORE THE ATTACK ON VISITOR'S CENTER "MAIN STREET":

Everyone scurried to and fro, panic written on the faces of the Jurassic World staff members in a frenzy after the I-Rex's escape. "Where the hell is Dr. Wu?!" Was the first thing Hoskins questioned when he entered the InGen lab. Many scientists and other security personnel didn't bother to answer him, too busy worrying over the escape of the I-Rex which is still at large. "I guess I'll find the man myself then" Hoskins muttered

It didn't take too long for him to find Dr. Wu, who was flocked left and right by scientists and assistants. He barreled through the crowd and managed to get Dr. Wu's attention.

"A word?"

"Well greetings to you as well Mr. Hoskins," Dr. Wu said professionally as he moved away from the crowded place with the practiced ease of a man who was usually bombarded by the public and the media.

"So, what can I do for you?" Dr. Wu asked once they were out of earshot from the others. "It's about your little project that's been going rampant around the park! Furthermore the raptors were gone just as soon as that thing broke out. I can't even contact Grady without receiving a dial tone"

"Patience" Was the only thing Dr. Wu said, though there was a hint of disdain in his tone. He wondered how this...imbecile managed to actually rise to be the head of the security force. The thought of using live beings for warfare simply because they are more deadly than drones is really beyond him. Besides, Dr. Wu never underestimated these animals, they may have gained intellect but that can still be used if he played it right.

"I am certain things will head exactly the way I planned. Besides, my test subject must be getting used to the feeling already and have garnered some results also, the Apoptosis Project is our project. You wanted this"

"I never wanted a single minded killing machine, only something that would follow orders without question and stop talking in riddles. You never told me who the test subject is during these past years" Sometimes, Hoskins feels like there are some things Dr. Wu is keeping from him despite the scientist working under them. "All in good time Mr. Hoskins, if the results are positive, any pack animal would be under the command of a perfectly modified human."

"It's still unbelievable that you managed to successfully splice raptor DNA with a human"

"Simple splicing of the gene wouldn't do for an experiment such as this Mr. Hoskins, the needed ingredient for this to work is to add a perfectly genetically engineered pathogen designed under the most controlled variables and units imaginable."

Why do science geeks have to talk like this? Us, common people wouldn't be able to understand!

"So what you're saying is...you created some kind of virus then?" Dr. Wu held back an irritated sigh "Not a virus, a retrovirus, using RNA as its genetic material. Converting the retroviral RNA of a Raptor to a Human DNA, human cells then convert the retroviral RNA to DNA. Cells would then make more retrovirus-infected cells, therefore possibly if not completely change the genetic makeup of a human."

"You mean to actually reprogram a human being?"

"Human beings already have the genetic makeup to undergo the transformation. The only thing is that it lay dormant after homo sapiens evolved but what if we could take it further? The only thing lacking is a trigger for it to work"

"I hope you know what you're doing. A Human intelligence in a raptor's body is a dangerous mix"

***

Claire drove steadily towards the Raptor Research Facility or as Owen would like to call it: The Raptor Paddock. The first time she came here to recruit Owen into helping her find her nephews, everything was peaceful and there were less men around.