Rain- Matt

Y/n's Pov:

It's a rainy day, and I'm walking home from school. Of course I have to walk in the rain the one day my mom can't pick me up. I had a long day of exams because school is almost over, and it sucks. At least there's only 5 weeks left of school though.

I'm on my phone on the sidewalk, and out of no where, the school "popular" boy slows down in his car.

Matthew Sturniolo. Though, I'd never really paid attention to him. It's not like he'll be with someone like me, or even talk to me anyways. He's the school jock. And I'm me. I can't say he's unattractive. I mean, fluffy brown hair, middle part, light blue eyes. All a girl could want.

"Hey, Y/n, right?" He asks me.

"Yeah, why?" I question.

"Do you need a ride? It's pouring out, and you're shivering."

"No, I'm fine, thanks."

"You sure? It's warm and comfortable in here."

I huff, "If you say so."

I get in, and tell him my address. Most of the car ride was awkward silence. What can I even say anyway? I never talked to this kid. I'm not even friends with him.

Suddenly, he lowered the music and turned his head to me slightly, so he could also pay attention to the road. "How was your day?"

"I hated it." I replied.

"Something on your mind?"

"Not exactly, I'm just really stressed with all of the final exams we have to get done. I probably failed already."

"Honestly, same. I didn't even study." He lets out a laugh.

"Oh, well I bet you didn't do as bad as me."

We both start laughing as we get onto my road.

He slows down to try to find the right house number.

"Yellow house on the right." I announce.

"Alright."

"Thanks for the ride, Matt."

"Anytime, and can I get your number? Maybe we can study together after school, tomorrow."

"Sure." I smile.

He gives me his phone, and I type in the number, leaving the contact as "Y/n 🤍".

"Text me later." I get out of the car.

"See ya."

And he drives away.

Wow, I cannot believe that just happened. I just got Matthew Sturniolo's number.

--
Authors Note: i'm so so so sorry that i made this so late. this story is based off of real life, (besides the Matt part obv) i am having final exams right now. well, see y'all next imagine. i'll try to be more active.

leave requests!

--