Prologue

Inside a lifeless room, there was a young boy who was diagnosed with an unknown disease. Every morning, he always stared outside the window, watching those children run freely. He can't do anything; the only thing that keeps him from getting bored is reading books, watching TV, and playing games on his gadget. His favorite game he especially plays is "Honkai Impact 3rd," which was recommended to him by his deceased sister.

His sister was the only one, among the family who came to see him until she died in a car accident. Her death left him with a permanent scar on his heart. This is also the reason why he liked Delta; she was similar to him; and they both lost their sister. His smile faded, and he became quieter. The only thing that remained constant was his desire to leave his lifeless room.

"...beep...beep...beep.."

The sound was typical of a heart rate monitor. The boy on the bed was used to it by now, having been in the hospital for as long as he could remember. He sighed as he rose slowly and looked out the window. His gaze was drawn to the teenagers and children who were soaking up the sun's golden rays.

"...beep...beep...beep..."

He wished and prayed that he could get better, but he could only wish. He then observed children playing. He was envious, wishing he had a childhood like theirs. He wanted to make friends, go to school, and have fun.

".....beep...beep.....beep...."

Suddenly, he felt unbearable pain around his chest, and his breathing became unsteady. He needed to take his pills. He slowly reaches for the pills on the table's surface. As soon as he got to the pills, he swallowed them. It tasted totally bitter.

"beep....beep....beep....beep..."

And, if you're wondering, this was normal for him since he was diagnosed with an unknown disease. He sighed once more... How long should he suffer? He wished to live a fulfilling life—a life with more freedom, a life where he could forever go to a lifeless room.

"beep.....beep.....beep....beep...."

His eyelids were becoming heavy as the pain subsided. He needed to go to sleep. 'Why am I feeling a sudden urge to sleep? ' He thoughtly asked himself. Why ask? He was feeling strong sleepiness, unlike before, as if he were being asked to sleep forever against his will. Maybe he is not against it? And he wants to go back to his world of dreams forever.

"beep...beep.....beep...beep..."

He could almost barely hear the nurses rushing over to him, warning him not to sleep. But why?

"beep....beep.....beep..."

He needed to sleep, so why couldn't he? Every day, he slept in this lifeless room. He wanted to dream, so why couldn't he? He closed his eyes slowly because he was sleepy.

"beep.....beep....beep..."

And so he died with a faint smile carved into his face.

<><><>

"This place... is this what my dreams look like today?" I found myself in an endless sky with no sun or clouds. The floors were like water, calm with no waves. But on top of it, I was floating and could walk as if it were the ground.

I observed every moment and place where I could only see; they were the same, nothing, and empty, like my room full of unwanted memories, a lifeless room. But this place was a little different; it gave off a gentle and warm vibe, but nonetheless, no matter what it might be, it also gave off a feeling of loneliness.

"It was just a temporary realm; it allows me and you to have a temporary conversation," the sweet and gentle voice said behind my back. When I turned around, I noticed a girl with white hair that almost resembled the silvery white of a moon, and her eyes were like the blue sky on top of us.

"Temporary realm?" I ask, surprised and confused. What realm? What exactly does she mean? Is this part of my dream? But now that I pay attention to it, it doesn't feel like a dream to me. A place with nothing, I with awareness, and her with a clear visual appearance, neither blurry nor faceless.

"Treat it as a temporary place; soon it will fade along with you after this "conversation" we are having," she said. She might have a gentle voice, but her expression seems empty. This place suits her in my opinion; it is gentle but empty.

"Conversation? Why? Did I die?" I asked. I'm surprisingly calm about this; did my emotions die along with me?

"Yes, you did die after all those years full of loneliness," she said with no emotions visible. "You're here for a selfish reason of mine; will you fill that hole?" she said.

"Your personal reason? Is the one leading me here? May I know this reason of yours?" I asked curiously.

"Your life resembles mine, hopeless, lonely, and empty... I couldn't bear to see myself anymore; I wanted to finally rest eternally. But I can't; my remaining energy has more to let me live for decades; I can't wait anymore and suffer more than I can take; I need to give this remaining and must be accepted according to this person's will; I will choose... It was you."

"But then? I will suffer the same as yours?" I asked, confused. I didn't understand her intentions, is she saying I shall suffer in her stead?

"I will not permit it; I will let you live once more. It might not be strong, but the remaining energy I have, I will transfer to you as a part of you to help you survive in your desired world."

"You are saying you will give me your power and let me live once again in a world of my choice? And you are finally passing away?" I ask, confirming what I understand.

"Correct, do you accept it?" She asks, extending her hand.

"I'm sorry, but choosing this chosen world might be impossible..." I replied with a faint smile, "But I accept it to live once more, and this time I will finally live a fulfilling life," I added, finally accepting.

"I see, thank you." She smiled; it was a beautiful sight to see. I didn't think she could smile like that.

"But worry not, I have seen your memories; I will fulfill them; you will live and be born in that world, a world that was created and abandoned by the creator of it, a world that resembles what you yourself desire," she said, while light finally enveloping us.

"Wait! What do you mean by that?" is what I want to say, but it was too late, and all my senses were finally fading.