Chapter 6: Does the past have a will?

[AUTHOR: I don't know, but I feel like it was a boring chapter... Sorry if it was, but I don't know how to introduce that. Um, I don't know what to call it for now, but before that, I have an exam this coming week. I might stop writing for now and return back as soon as I can.]

"Who would have imagined someone was capable of seeing me other than the host?" Seele remarked with a hint of amusement in her voice.

"But forgive me, Sister Delta~ I harbor no desire more harm upon Sin Mal than necessary. I merely came to give a small lesson~" Seele added.

"And so I am; I have been keeping an eye on you since then. Originally, you seemed harmless, but now I have witnessed your true capabilities. You've injured one of the children in our home, the orphanage, and there's no telling whether you might pose a threat to any of us in the near future," I stated, lowering my weapon. It seemed she had no intention of starting a fight with me.

"You're speaking differently than your usual self, and just now you materialized a weapon in your hand. Just what in the world are you?" Seele asked, a forced smile engraved across her face. For some reason, she seemed anxious. Did I misunderstand her? Judging by her expression, she appeared different from her usual self, an ever-grinning shadow that usually followed Seele.

"I'm just your proud sister, Seele~" I playfully responded, a mischievous grin on my face. Ahhh! I wanna run away! After witnessing those expressions, I can't see a trace of a lie. Perhaps, I should simply ask and spend the remaining time getting to know the other Seele~

"Then, dear sister, may we take our leave tonight?" Seele asked, and my response to her was a silent answer.

"Lies don't just slip past me, just so you know. Who are you? What exactly are you?" I asked, and it seemed like this single question took a heavy load for her.

"Alright, if you can't reveal it for some reason, let's change the question," I propose, and I could see a feeling of relief adorned her face, easing the weight of that pressing question I asked her.

"Are you an enemy?" I ask a straightforward question, a question easily answered by lies. Yet, their faces reveal the truth behind their words, making deception useless.

"Nyet," she replied, and as her eyes transformed back to the blue hue, resembling an oceanic reflection, I could feel ease in her answer that matched her expressions.

"Lovely answer, and welcome back, Seele," I spoke, giving her my gentlest smile.

"Ah, thank goodness," Seele sighed, a feeling of relief passing over her after my sudden appearance. At that moment, her gaze was drawn to something on the floor—a piece of paper.

"Hmm? Sin was reading this when I saw her," Seele stated, picking up the paper and reading its contents. Shortly after, she rashly ran without a single word.

"Seele! Where are you going?" I shouted, running to catch up with her. As I was about to run, I caught a glimpse at the content of the paper; it was the X-10 experiment we participated in.

"I see, but Seele, I'm sorry, but you must stop!" I yelled, throwing my materialized blade to the ground before her. The moment the blade pierced the floor, the world underwent a quick change. Seele now stood atop a bus roof, surrounded by an endless sea that seemed to have no end beneath. The sky was empty, devoid of sun, clouds, or any defining features. It was a world of emptiness, where only various vehicles floated and paused in mid-air, scattered throughout the endless world.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Seele's voice echoed in confusion, yet it wasn't the Seele whose body spoke but the other, and the source was not the physical body but the shadow beside Seele. I couldn't let her to destroy our chances of surviving the honkai.