13

"It's me Lim Jukyung", the voice faintly mumbled.

"J-JUKYUNG?", Seojun replied as he was taken aback by what he had heard. They had no contact for more than a year whatsoever except for forced birthday and new year wishes. 

Seojun, we need you... I- I need you, Jukyung stammered with shaking voice. Although confused, Seojun was concerned by her unusually wobbly voice. "Y-yeah? Are you alright? where are you? I'll come over right now.", he said trying not to panic. 

"Cheong-A National Hospital.", she said followed by a squink of teary voice.

The call disconnected.

Without jumping to conclusions but clearly worried, Seojun rashly got into his car and rushed to the hospital. Snow covered roads making it difficult to drive and constantly trying to call back, he reached there about an hour later. Overtaking people, he ran inside searching for Jukyung. Had she given more information, he would have easily find her.

In the second floor of the hospital, he reached the navy double-doors with  dull silver handles. Without pause he pushed the doors with his body weight, but he needn't have, it swung open soundlessly and with ease. A draft of air hit his face, warm and sharp smell of bleach. Ahead of him lied concrete walls and a long hallway. He hurried in every few seconds passing a different set of doors , his eyes constantly looking for Jukyung.

Turning his head in all direction, he finally spotted her sitting on a bench in front of an operation theater, her hands pressing her forehead. She was wearing a linen pink dress that had torn patch on the side of her sleeves from where her bleeding scar was clearly visible. She was crying. Seojun sprinted to her and kneeled down, holding her shoulder. She was cold, bruised and faint lipped. He took his jacket off and put over her gasping. 

"Jukyung! Wh-what in the world happened?" She simply couldn't reply. Her hands were uncontrollably shaking and lips wouldn't stop shuddering. Her pale skin made her look sick.

Carefully wiping her tear with his thumb, he lifted her face and cupped it with his veiny hands (sorry the detail is imp :P) with a perturbated look. Firstly, he tried to calm her down and helped her sip some water. 

"Suho he-", Jukyung tried to finally speak.

"Yes, Suho what?"

"Suho he-, Suho is in the OT", she uttered as her tears burst out. Seojun's soul left his body.

"Suho? What happened?" he whispered, wishing whatever he heard was not true.

"We were going to the Namsan tower... A small b-boy came in the middle of the road and s-suddenly he took a rasp turn and hit a pole. Nothing much happened to me but he hit his hea-head and was bleeding so much everywhere. When I gained consciousness, he was already in the O.T for an hour and then I called you. It's been more than 2 hours Seojun. Doctors won't say a thing. I'm- I'm so scared."

Jukyung looked so fragile and the pain in her eyes are unbearable for Seojun to see. Holding her in his arms, he patiently waited for doctors to come out and tell him that Suho was fine. He couldn't help but think about the worst. Losing another friend was the last thing he wanted after he lost Jeong Se Yeon, Suho and his bestfriend who committed the unthinkable after he was blamed of bullying. 

"Excuse me! The patient is conscious. He requests to meet you.", a nurse informed them after having the surgery go on for 5 hours.

With a thumping heart and sweaty palms, Seojun managed to lift Jukyung up and take her to see him. Suho was in an artificial respiratory vent with multiple IV's going through his wrist. He had a neck supporter and his face was barely recognizable with swelling. As soon as Jukyung saw him lying with bandages, stiches covering his face and him hardly breathing, she collapsed right away. The HA's carried her way while Seojun hurried to Suho's side and sat on a chair beside him. Not being able to control himself anymore, he cried.