Forming a Bond

(Y/n) POV

Wanda has been nice to me, but I'm still not sure I can trust her. HYDRA told me a lot about the Avengers and how dangerous they are.

Wanda: *walks in* Hey, (Y/n). Got you something to eat. Hope you're hungry.

Wanda sets the plate of really good smelling (F/F), I hesitantly take a bite of it but as soon as I get a taste and want more, the Hulk walks in and sees what I have.

Hulk: Oh, Hulk hungry.

Hulk goes to reach for some of my lunch, I start to growl when Wanda uses her powers to stop the Hulk.

Wanda: Hulk, be nice and get your own food from the fridge.

Hulk: Hulk hungry!

Wanda: Stop being a greedy, self absorbed, garbage disposal! This is (Y/n)'s food!

Hulk finally relents and walks away towards the fridge, Wanda seemed to notice something and tried to calm me down...

Wanda: Easy, (Y/n). Hulk isn't bad, he just has a tendency to eat everything in sight.

I looked down and saw my body had started to burn the wooden table and the plate of (F/F) to ash.

(Y/n): Oh! *surprise then turns to frustration* Stupid fire!

Wanda: Hey, hey. It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong. That's replaceable.

Wanda POV

Later, I put (Y/n) down for a nap and gently rub his head to reassure him.

Steve: *over comms* Wanda?

Wanda: What is it, Steve?

Steve: *over comms* Tony made some discoveries about (Y/n), you're gonna want to see this.

Wanda: Be right there.

I actually place a kiss on (Y/n)'s head before leaving him to sleep in peace. I walk up to Tony's lab and see Steve and Tony at a computer screen displaying the body scan JARVIS took of (Y/n).

Steve: How's he doing?

Wanda: He is still having trouble trusting me, but I think I'm making progress. He also is having difficulty keeping his powers under control.

Tony: Well, this might explain why. Check this out.

Tony highlights a specific area of his abdomenal area and I see something shocking.

Wanda: Is that his correct temperature?!

Tony: Yup, 3000° farenheit, generated by this little organ that has been surgically grafted to his body to act as a type of furnace for his fiery powers.

Wanda: So that might explain the tail then?

Tony: Correct, the best analogy I can come up with is the grafted organ is now like an engine to a car and the tail and flame on the end is like an exhaust to let out un-needed heat. I also had JARVIS do a body scan of him after he woke up, and with Hank Pym's help, was able to come to this conclusion, the angrier or more stressed he becomes, the hotter the flame in his belly becomes.

Steve: Hmm, have you determined whether he has an upper limit to how hot those flames can get?

Tony: Not yet, it would be best to see him use those flames of his in action to determine how hot he can actually get.

Wanda: One problem: he hates his powers.

Steve: I don't like it either, but he has them now and he needs to gain control over them if he wants any sense of normal.