Pasts Discovered

Wanda POV

I am riding in the Quinjet with the Avengers and Black Widow is explaining the info she's gathered.

Black Widow: It took a while to find any reference to (Y/n)'s powers, but I finally found that he was a "guest" of HYDRA's deep science division.

Wanda: *to herself angrily* HYDRA.

Black Widow: I found a reference to a "Pocket Monsters" when I started looking at HYDRA, but when I started looking into it, the project details using children to be given elemental powers and monstrous forms, just like (Y/n), to be used as weapons.

Captain America: How do they justify using children rather than adults?

Black Widow: In their words, "children's bodies are more easily adaptable than adults".

Hulk: HYDRA hurt little kids make Hulk mad. *growls*

Thor: Verily. Where do we find these monsters, so that we may vanquish them?

Black Widow: I found the epicenter of HYDRA's operations here in an old bunker in Canada.

Iron Man: Alright, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and myself will breach through the front door and draw as many HYDRA forces to us as possible. Cap, you take Widow, Falcon and Scarlet Witch and gain any info on these projects.

Captain America: Good luck, Avengers.

I ready myself, but I can't take my mind off the atrocities my little (Y/n) must've had to endure.

Captain America: Alright, Stealth Team. Prepare for drop-off.

But right now, I need to set my personal feelings aside and focus on the mission at hand. Iron Man flies us over the top of the mountain the bunker is built into, he then grabs a lever that's labelled, 'Drop Hatch Release: Caution', and states.

Iron Man: Emergency drop in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. *pulls lever down*

The hatch beneath my feet open up and Stealth Team drops from the Quinjet. As we fall through the air, Falcon activates his flight pack and flies down fast disabling the sensors, when the rest of us get closer to the ground, I use my powers to grab everyone and slow us down to a quiet, gentle landing. Captain America gestures to a secret doorway built into the mountain itself, Black Widow picks the lock and we all start walking down the hallway.

Captain America: *uses comm link* Captain America to Iron Man. We're in.

Iron Man: *voice-over* We read you, Cap. One diversion coming up.

Captain America: Be careful. Going radio silent. Cap out.

The base suddenly shakes and the Hulk's roar can be faintly heard throughout the base. The alarms start blaring and HYDRA agents and robots start running through the base, while we watch from the shadows.

Captain America: *whispers* Let's move.

I follow Cap and Widow while keeping an eye on our rear to make sure we aren't followed or discovered.

Falcon: *whispers* We need to find a computer.

Thanks, Einstein. We finally find a room that has several human sized test tubes that appear to be empty.

Widow: Looks like they planned for more monstrous children to be made.

I stop as I see five tubes with actual kids inside them in suspended animation. I touched one of the panels and the screen shows a diagram of the child and then several text panels that tell the power's this child possess, but not what it turns into.

Widow: Found a computer.

I stay by the tubes as Falcon and Widow get to work on extracting the information we need. Captain America then stood next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.