First Day of School

(Y/n) POV

I am really nervous today because Mama said I had to go to someplace called middle school? Sounds scary.

Wanda: *in distance* Come on, honey! Time for school!

I reluctantly walk into the garage in the tower basement and see Mama waiting for me by one of Iron Man's cars.

(Y/n): Mama, I don't want to go.

Wanda: *kneels down to me* I know, and school can seem scary but all kids need to go to learn and grow.

(Y/n): But, what about my tail? What if people see me and are scared?

Wanda: Baby, you can't control how other people see you, you can only control how you see yourself.

(Y/n): *confused* I'm not sure I get it.

Wanda: *giggles* You'll understand someday.

I groan and climb into the car and buckle my seatbelt, Mama gets in and starts driving out of Avenger's Tower. The drive did take a a long time due to school traffic, but we still managed to make it before school started, unfortunately.

Wanda: All right. Remember, just be yourself and you can't control what other people think and say, only how you see yourself.

(Y/n): I don't know what that means, Mama.

Wanda: *smiles* You will one day. Come on, I'm walking you to class today.

I climb out of the car and sling my backpack over my shoulder. Mama then steps next to me and extends her hand to me, I am quick to take hold of it and try to hide my tail as we walk into the school. I could see the scared or wierd expressions the other kids are giving me and try to stay close to Mama and keep my head down. Although, many of the kids were freaking out about Mama being an Avenger, I was still shy about the attention. We finally reach a classroom and I see a woman, about the same age as Mama, sitting at a large desk, she was wearing glasses and had blonde hair tied up into a bun, she was also wearing a blue dress with flowers on it, the skirt went down to her knees and she was wearing black high heels. The woman notices us and removes her glasses as she speaks.

Mrs. Boswell: Good morning. My name is Mrs. Boswell. *extends hand to Mama*

Wanda: *accepts handshake and smiles* Good morning to you as well. My name is Wanda Maximoff.

Mrs. Boswell: Ah, yes. The principal told me you two would be coming.

Mrs. Boswell then steps in front of me and leans down a little with a reassuring smile on her lips, she extends her open hand to me slowly.

Mrs. Boswell: Hello.

I grow a bit scared and try to hide behind Mama, but Mama puts her hand on my back and gently nudges me forward.

Wanda: Come on, sweety. Don't be rude.

I walk back out in front of Mrs. Boswell and extend my hand and accept the handshake.

(Y/n): *shy* H-H-H-Hi. M-M-My name is, (Y/n).

Mrs. Boswell: That is a wonderful name. You can have any desk in the room.

Mrs. Boswell stands back up and asks Mama some questions while I find a desk to the far right abd towards the back. The bell rings and Mama walks to me and gives me a hug before saying goodbye and leaving the room as other kids walk in and take their seats. Mrs. Boswell starts class.

Mrs. Boswell: Okay everyone, find your seats, please. *all the kids do so* Now, we have a new student joining our class today. *indicates to me* Please, stand up and introduce yourself.