Chapter 12

Yassen, Danny, Kono, Chain and Helen waited in the waiting room. They waited for the doctor to come and tell them the news on Alex. A few minutes later a doctor came.

"You the people that brought in the young man." The doctor asked. Danny got up and nodded. "Are any of you his family?"

"No. He does not have any family members that we know of." Danny said.

"I can only tell his closeted friends and family." The doctor said. Then Kono, Chin and Danny took out their badges. The doctor was surprised.

"Now can you tell us about Alex's condition." Danny said. The doctor nodded.

"He's stable. Also he had a dislocated shoulder. We have not touched it yet. We want to wait till he wakes up. He might not be able to talk for a little bit. Also blood loss was not to great thanks to who ever tried to stop the bleeding. He's asleep right now. You can see him if you want." He said. Danny nodded and the doctor left. Danny called Steve to tell him the news. Steve said he was on his way. Helen and Yassen heard what the doctor said and they left to go back into hiding for now. After a little bit Steve arrived and they went into the room where Alex was at.

"He looks peaceful, but when he's awake he almost looks a little broken and no emotions." Kono said. Alex had a tube in his mouth to help him breathe. He wasn't in a coma so they waited for a little bit for him to wake up. Once he did it was very slowly. Steve saw his hand move a little. Then Alex woke up to bright hospital lights. he looked around the room with unfocused eyes. Everyone went closer to Alex. Alex felt something in throat and moved his hand to it but Steve stopped him.

"You have a tube in you mouth so try not to touch it." He said. Alex did a small nodded. He closed his eyes again for a little bit before opening them again. Kono and Chin left leaving Steve and Danny in the room. Alex looked around again this time landing on Grace. She looked up from her drawing and saw that Alex was awake. She got up and walked over to Alex. Danny and Steve looked up.

"Hey Al. How you feeling?" She asked. She handed him a piece of paper and handed it to Alex. He wrote down a few things and handed it to Grace. She smiled.

"What did he write down?" Steve asked.

"He said that he's tired and that his throat hurts. There's a little more attitude on the paper." Grace said handing Danny the piece of paper. Alex rolled his eyes. Steve got up.

"I will be right back. I'll go tell a nurse your awake and that your throat hurts." Steve was gone leaving Alex, Grace and Danny to them self's. Alex moved his hand so he could get Grace to hand him the piece of paper and a pen. She had her back turned. Danny noticed.

"Monkey, I think Alex wants to ask you something." He said. Alex nodded in a thank you to Danny.

"Oh sorry Al." She turned around and handed him the piece of paper. He wrote down what he wanted to say and handed it back to Grace. She frowned. She handed it to Danny which he got up and ran out of the room. The note said that his body was hurting all over. Then once the doctor came in with Steve and Danny, Alex's eyes rolled into the back of his head and he started shaking very violently.

"Get Grace out of here." Steve said as the doctor, some nurses and him hold down Alex. Danny grabbed Grace and took her to the waiting room. Alex's heart rate was going up dramatically. After a minute it stopped and Alex's eyes were open again. His head was spinning. The doctor shined a light into his eyes.

"I think it's safe to take the tube out." He said to the nurses and Steve.

"What just happen?" Steve asked.

"I'm not sure. Maybe he is allergic to one of the medicines we gave him." He said. The nurse prepared to remove the tube from Alex's mouth. "Now Alex, when we remove the tube I want you to try and talk." He said. Alex nodded. They pulled the tube out of Alex's mouth and Steve went closer to Alex to hear what he had to say.

"Bloody... Hell." He said very quietly. The nurse gave Alex some water which helped a little but he still could not talk much. Steve smiled at Alex.

"Good. I will be back in a little." The doctor said and both the nurse and the doctor left the room. Steve and Alex were the only ones in there. Steve got closer to Alex.

"Your one selfless kid." Alex smiled. "You didn't have to go with the man that grabbed you. We could have handled it." Alex shook his head.

"I would... Die before... That would... Happen." He said very quietly but Steve heard him. Steve smiled. Later that night Steve, Danny and Grace left the hospital to let Alex rest and get some sleep them self's.