Chapter 17 - The Dark Kingdom's Ruler

Note: The intense scene. Sorry, everyone!

They have ultimately reached the destination; the Dark Kingdom.

Inside of the Dark Kingdom, they are about to meet the ruler of the Dark Castle.

King Edmund faced so many people's faces. He was baffled. King Edmund raised his eyebrow. "Well this is an unusual group here." He stated.

Adira bowed to the king. She kneeled.

Lance, Maximus and Ruddiger are perplexed.

Eugene holds Rapunzel in his arms. They are bewildered.

Varian was puzzled.

Eugene was the first to speak. He was annoyed. "Yeah, we are an odd group to begin with." He stated.

King Edmund faced Adira. He was confident. "Adira, escort the others to their chambers." King Edmund added. He glimpsed at Eugene. "I liked to speak with this guy with the princess alone." King Edmund commanded.

Eugene frowns. "Look, your majesty, whatever you got to say, I want Varian to stay with me for this." Eugene urged.

Varian appeared solemn.

King Edmund was stumped. "I don't get why you wanted your friend to stick with you." He said.

Rapunzel sighed. She was tired yet pitiful. "Your majesty, Varian is Eugene's brother. He can stay." Rapunzel clarified.

King Edmund blinked his eyes twice. He was baffling. Then, King Edmund was stern. "Very well." He acknowledged.

———————————————————

Later on, Rapunzel was on the long dining table. She was getting better by eating the buffet. Rapunzel eats a little bit of everything. She looked over to the other side of the long dining table.

Eugene and Varian are sitting across each other.

They are mystified at the king.

King Edmund was at the end of the long dining table. He was really baffled. King Edmund scratches his head. "This is really an unanticipated way to meet than I thought." He stated.

Eugene and Varian looked at each other. Then, they are looking at the king.

Eugene was serious. "Your majesty, you have something really important to say. You might as well get it over with." He suggested.

King Edmund took a deep breath. He was resolute at Eugene. "Perhaps you are right." King Edmund added. Then, he was uncertain yet believing to be. "I am ninety nine point nine percent sure that I have only got one son." King Edmund mentioned.

Varian was wide-eyed yet puzzlingly. He faced the king. "Wait, you have a son, your majesty?" Varian asked.

Rapunzel was delighted. "Aw, how nice." She said.

Eugene was irked yet happy. "Oh, that's something I don't hear every day." He added. Eugene was smirking. He raises his eyebrow at the king. "Is your son, the prince, present just out of curiosity, your majesty?" Eugene asks too.

King Edmund faces at Varian. "Yes, I have." King Edmund added. He turned his head to Eugene. King Edmund was confidently awkward. "And he is here." King Edmund answered.

Eugene was eccentric. "Great." He added. Eugene surveys around. "Where is this prince of yours, your majesty?" He asks again.

King Edmund efforts another try. "He. IS. Here." He answers.

Varian was befuddled. "Your majesty, what are you talking about?" He wondered.

King Edmund wouldn't quit staring at Eugene. He was happy. "This brother of yours you called to him, Varian...he's my son..." King Edmund replied.