Chapter 4 Chest pillows

It was only 9:30 at night, but Matt's eye lids where heavy. Claire took notice.
"Hey remember what I said about sleep?"
"Not really."
"We'll this might be a new concept, but you can actually sleep when your tired."
His eyes were fluttering, fighting sleep.
"I'm scared."
"Of what?"
He looked at her, "that if I close my eyes, I might never see you again."
Claire got off the bed and walked around the other side.
"Claire?"
He felt the sheets move slightly as she pulled them back, and crawled in. Then she pulled the covers close to her. He placed his hand on the side of her face, and she caressed his neck.
"I'm not going anywhere."
She laid down on her back. Matt laid on his side, used her chest as a pillow, and clung to her. Claire kept slowly running her hand through his hair. And held his hand with her other. Matt pulled his legs up. For whatever reason she thought this was the most adorable thing ever. And to her watching his chest slowly rise and fall was like watching the wind through leaves. It was peaceful, but at the same time made her want to hold him as tight as she could and never let go.
"Stop that."
"What?"
"Being so damn cute."
Matt let out a small laugh. Eventually he was in a deep sleep.