Chapter 8: Icy Affection (and some Mexican food remarks)

Matt was fast asleep in Claire's arms now. She could feel his chest rise and fall against her, and hear his breathing.

Really? I find his breathing attractive? what is wrong with me?

Claire didn't care anymore. This beautiful human was hers and she was proud of his...everything. Part of her couldn't sleep because he was there and moments like this rarely happen; she wanted to cherish every second. Another part was just plain worried about him.

Then, something happened. Matt started to shiver. It was as if it went from microscopic, to an earthquake in a matter of nano seconds. She could hear his teeth chattering, and his hold on her grew tighter. She turned on a lamp on the nightstand and sat up. Matt was still violently shaking.

"Claire, I'm...so cold." His arms were held tightly at his shoulders, and he was breathing fast.

She held him close to her.

"It's okay Matt, it's just chills."

He looked like he was about to cry.

"I'm so cold."

She squeezed him tight, quickly held his face, and planted a kiss on his forehead.

"I'm coming back okay? I'll be right back."

Matt was still violently shivering when she returned. In her hands was a large over sized gray hoodie, and a plush blanket. She quickly sat on the bed, and gently guided him to a sitting position.

"I need you to lift your arms sweetie."

Matt struggled, but eventually lifted his still-shaking arms. Claire slid the hoodie over him.

"Are you still cold?."

His shivers weren't as violent, but still present.

"Yeah, a little bit.", he said in a weak voice.

"Here, lay down."

Matt did so, he was holding his arms close to him. Claire took the blanket and wrapped it around him. She smiled.

"You know you look like a burrito."

Matt gave a small smile.

"Yeah, but I'm your burrito.", he said sleepily.

Claire snorted, God he was corny. My little dork.

Matt wore his trade marked smirk on his face. Claire leaned down and kissed his noes. His smile grew. You could see all of the lines in his face like a delicate painting.

"Wanna join me?"

"You have to ask?"

She slid into his blanket burrito, and pulled the covers over them.

"Are you okay? I don't want you to get hot."

Claire placed her hand on the side of his face, "I'll be fine." She replied.

Matt grinned and got into his usual position. At that point all Claire wanted to do was hold him close. And all Matt wanted was her to hold him.