Chapter 11: Stuffy Noses & Living room Debates

"Hey, Claire?"
"Hmm?"
"My noes is umm...stuffy."
"Do you have any tissues here?"
"There's a box in the bathroom, I can get it."
"No Matt, it's fine. I got it."
She left the room, and quickly returned with the tissue box.
"Thank you." Matt took one and blew his noes. He placed the tissue in the wastebasket next to the bed.
"How's your throat?"
"It's better."
"Still sore?"
"Not so much."
Matt took another tissue and blew his noes again.
"We just got to get rid of that,huh?"
Matt smiled. "Yeah, I guess."
Claire kissed his cheek.
"I'll be back."
"Where are you going?"
"It's a surprise, if you need anything just ask."
"Claire?"
"I'll be back." She leaned down and kissed his nose, then walked out.
Matt heard her. She was walking to the kitchen, she took out a frying pan, and some small bowls, then she opened the fridge and took a carton of eggs out. She was humming an unfamiliar tune and cracking the eggs into the small bowl.
Matt sat up and slowly walked into the living room. Claire looked up and saw him standing there hunched shoulders, red noes, heavy eyelids, and his hands in the hoodie pocket.
"Matt, what the hell are you doing?"
He leaned against the back of the couch.
"You're a guest you shouldn't have to make breakfast."
"Well, technically, I'm a nurse, and you just happen to be sick, as I have said...many, many, many times."
"You really don't-"
"I am not going through this again okay? You can barely stand. Now get your ass back in there and for once, Just please rest!"
"It's just that you-"
Claire put her hands on her hips, and stared at him square in the face.
"Matthew."
"Claire, you've already done enough."
She inhaled deeply. Claire walked over to where he was leaning on the couch. She put her hand on his waist line, and placed her other hand on his cheek. Matt leaned his head into her hand. Claire always found that adorable.
"Matt, this isn't some kind of charity okay? I care about you; I want to make sure you're okay, and if that means staying here and helping you, I'm doing it."
Matt wrapped his arms around her waist.
"Its just, you've done so much."
"And I'll do more."
She pressed her lips to his. When their lips parted, Matt laid his head on her shoulder, and kissed her neck.
She moved her hand up and down his back.
"So are you going? Or do I have to carry you in there?"
"Well if you're offering."
She laughed, and playfully pushed him off.
"Just get in there sniffles."
"Sniffles? I thought it was stitches?", he said playfully, acting confused.
Claire tried so hard not to smile. "Just go." She walked back to the kitchen counter.
"Wait, wait, oh yeah now I remember, it was sweetie wasn't it?"
"Matt! Get in there!" She shouted with a grin.
He started walking back with a smirk on his face. Claire shook her head and smiled.