𝟘.𝟙

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

The used to be boys, now men were being led around a building by a woman who called herself, The Handler. They had been rescued, from the wasteland of the apocalypse, on the terms of working for the organization she called, The Commission.

Although untrusting, they agreed on the fact that they would have gone crazy another minute there. Thankfully they had each other.

They were led down a mysterious hallway, and stopped at a door that, unlike the others, had no writing on the front. No designation to its purpose. The boys looked quizzically at the woman, who smiled her usual smile and stated, "This is who I really want you to meet" she opens the door swiftly, to reveal a young girl, with long lavender hair, and dark brown eyes, with tanned skin, sitting at a desk in the middle of the room.

There has been no sound, other than one of a pencil eagerly meeting a peace of paper. Usually the girl would be able to hear when there was someone about to even approach her door, though this time she seemed too preoccupied with her work.

Upon hearing the door, she looked up from her paperwork, to meet the boys eyes almost instantly, pausing for a millisecond, before turning to raise a brow, at the woman, sending her a questioning look. The Handler smiled at her reaction, before turning back to the boys, moving behind them and placing each hand on one of their shoulders, with seemed to anger slightly the darker-haired one.

"Who's this?" Five asked, shrugging off her hand, from both his and Wills shoulders and looking annoyed at her. Mavis turned her chair to fully face them, before leaning back leisurely, "I'm wondering the same thing" she said nonchalantly, more to the tall woman in front of her than the other two.

The Handler chuckled and lightly, but forcefully, pushed the boys into the lavender haired girl's direction, until their legs were inches away from her knees.

"These are our new recruits" she smiled, "this one here is Will, and this one is, Five" she finished, excitedly. Mavis, sent a look over to Five upon learning his name, "your name is five? Do you have a sibling named six?" She chuckled.

Five looked at her, "Yes. But I just call him Ben" he answered seriously. Will stifled a laugh at his response, and Mavis joined him. "Okay, well it's nice to meet you, Will, Five." She replied. Before either three could continue, the blond-woman cleared her throat, expectedly, causing Mavis to, almost like a switch had been flipped, stopping all laughter.

Her once amused face, now felt more vacant. "Anyway" The Handler exclaimed, "This is Mavis. She handles whatever paperwork we think is in her wheelhouse" she motioned towards the girl, who sent a small wave to the duo. "What's that got to do with us?" Will asked, motioning between him and Five.

"Well, usually new recruits would just be assigned to whatever fits them the most, however yours is a...special case." The two nodded, knowing that she was referring to their abilities.

"So I thought that these two would be the perfect partners for you" The Handler said looking at Mavis. "What?!" She asked her voice, raising along with her body from her chair, "Why? I don't need a partner, let alone two." The boys looked slightly offended at that, and their mouths opened to give a response, but The Handler beat them to it.

"Now don't be rude"  she scolded, the only parenting strategy she seems to know. "It never hurts to have a little extra hands, besides when have I ever let you down?"

Mavis looked away before making direct eye contact with her mother,"Okay. But only if they can pull their weight". The two boys have each other knowing looks, before almost smugly looking back at the girl,  "yeah we can pull our weight". She raised an eyebrow at their confidence, "I think we're gonna get along quite well boys"  she grinned.