𝟘.𝟚

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ -

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ -

The adjustment going from, a world of ruin and the constant struggle for survival, to one of clean water and clear skies, has been a journey.

Not to mention food that was so rare to the boys, that when their first bite of a home-cooked meal since their entrapment in the future, Will had wept, and Five? Well, I suppose his eyes did water over quite a bit. Mavis had been more than happy to see, such happiness. She was surprised to see how quickly and easily they were getting along in their new home.

One almost wouldn't be able to tell that in exchange for their nice apartment, money for clothes, and necessities, young men such as themselves, came at the cost of lives ending at their hands. She admired them. They invited the looks, shot around them by the other workers in the office. They walked as if they were the only two people that mattered to each other, that the whispers and glares were just white noise

While over the years, her skin has grown thickened, and her mind captured by thoughts much more significant, than petty gossip, it doesn't stop her from feeling lonely deep down. Why was she so hated? What I'm the world, had Mavis done to any of them? The hopes she once had of one day, being able to talk to any of them have all since died. Leaving a hollow opening that she assumed would never be filled.

Fortunately for her, a very happy, almost golden retriever-y boy with hair to match would come along and be the extrovert to her introvert. Of course, he would bring along his, lose-tempered, overly egotistic, overprotective boyfriend with him.

Boy was she wrong. So, so wrong.

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -

It was around five in the morning in the Hargreeves-Hendrix home. The blue, of the morning sky, had peaked through the curtains slightly, causing stray light to hit the handsome faces of Five and Will.

It wasn't bright enough to wake them up, from where they lay, with surprisingly- Will spooning Five. His arms were slung over the boy's body, protectively and his head rested against the back of his neck.

The birds sang outside the window and rested on the branches of trees. The plan originally was to sleep in. The boys had felt like they were beginning to see less of each other. The Handler was beginning to give off weird vibes around Five and Will. It had been about a year since the duo had been recruited to the organization, and in that year some things had occurred and changed.

Firstly, as said before, The Handler had, quite ironically- begun to get a bit handsy, when it came to the two. Mutually, they both had not reciprocated, and now Five was beginning to understand Mavis's dislike for the woman.