𝟙.𝟙𝟘 (sneek peek)

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Lying in a bed, the size befitting a king, was two figures. Limbs entangled, the two men, embracing in each others warmth. The blond, shifting closer, laying his head deeper into the crook of the darker haired one. Unbeknownst to the two, their other partner, with lavender hair, was nowhere to be seen. Nowhere to be heard, and nowhere to be helped. She sat in her cold, almost empty office.

The halls, once Bustling with life, now lay quiet. That was until the clacking of heels began echoing throughout the halls, getting louder as they drew closer. The tan skinned girl, raising her once, played down head, turned in anticipation, for what would come. The door opens to reveal, The Handler, or her mother. The woman smiled, making her way to the girl, who turned in her seat until they were right in front of another.

The girls knees almost touching the woman's, as she stood before her. Mavis, looked up at her, almost impatiently, "Do you have it?" The Handler raised an eyebrow at her curtness, before ruffling through her bag to pull out a box, that almost resembled a glasses case. "Of course" she replied placing it on the desk, "have I ever let you down my dear?". Mavis holding in a scoff, and eye roll, at the woman's attempt at sounding motherly, chose to instead, turn her chair to face her desk, and looked at the case silently in thought.

The Handler, noticing her slight hesitation, moved to lay a hand on the girls shoulder, leaning down, to whisper in her ear, "Better be quick, with it" she then stood tall, making her way to the door, she turned her head to meet her eyes, mischief, beaming in them, "wouldn't, want your boy toys, to wake up, wondering where their little, pet is now would we?" She finished, Turing back and heading out the door, closing it with her signature, unnecessary slam.

Mavis, being used to it, looked unfazed, and started blankly at the door, also being used to her mother's comments, about her and her relationship. She looked towards the cases, gently picking it up and opening it to find a, syringe with already a black liquid encased in it.

She lightly grazed her fingers, along the glass, looking at the liquid almost yearningly. Swiftly, like there was no time to lose, the pulled her sleeve slightly passed her elbow, and laid her arm, on the rest of her chair. She took the syringe, and pushed on it, to empty out any loose air bubbles, before hovering it over her already prepped arm. A part of her was hesitant.

What if she just told them? Sure they might be mad at first at the fact that she had kept such a secret from them for so long, but in the end they would comfort her, give her the warmth that, she always yearned for like a drug. Which is ironic. She could, she really could. But she didn't. Instead she slowly duh the needle into her skin, and let out a sigh of relive, at the euphoric feeling it gave.

She looked up at the ceiling, trapped in this feeling. Though other than her visible change in stature, the only other thing that could give away, the usage of the drug, was the effect it left on her once dark, brown eyes. Now they were pitch black, and looked devoid of anything. She could have. But she didn't.

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -