𝟙.𝟡

"You're such a nerd

"You're such a nerd."
- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Will doesn't remember his life much before he met Five. He doesn't like to.

All he knows is that he was alone and hungry. Everyday was a never ending battle for survival, in a world where no one would care if he dropped dead, only if he landed in their way of walking. When he met five, he had someone who honestly didn't like him.

But despite that, he too didn't want to be alone. Sure, Will had known he'd have to be in solitude, his whole life, but it didn't mean he wanted to. He was just content with the idea of not being a bother to another human being.

of course Five grew to tolerate his existence, the soon enjoy it, and then love it, love him. And then he would come to meet a lonely girl, who was just like him. A girl with her own issues, just like anyone. Someone who though their existence, a nuisance to others. She was as complex as she was, intelligent and beautiful. She and five were a lot alike in that prospect.

And that's how it was. Five, Mavis and Will. And those two were the only ones that Will, was okay, sticking around for. Anything for them, as they'd do for him.

- -┈ ┈┈┈ ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ ┈┈ ┈┈- -

Mavis must admit- her life at the commission wasn't all that bad. And, to be fair she was raised in it. So when returning by choice with both of her loves on either side of her, it felt strange. like she was coming home.

"I must admit, boys," The Handler began to speak as she walked with the three behind her. "In all the time I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you." As she finished speaking, people passing by began to greet her, while sparingly looking at the three in wonder as they were well known. the occasional shooting glares at Mavis to which the girl turned away, and pushed herself more into Will's arm that was wrapped around her waist. his grip tightened as he sensed her discomfort.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example. are talented, certainly, but..they can't see the big picture."  Mavis tried not to take offense at her lack of mention. She did that a lot with what this woman said. At this point, it was less hurtful and more annoying. "Your spunk, your enterprising— well, it reminds me a great deal of myself if I may be so vainglorious."  The four continued walking as they made their way to the entrance of the building.

"If things work out for you here, you could potentially make fine successors." She told them stopping in her tracks to turn and look at Mavis directly. Her deadly eyes pierced through hers as they have many times. "That includes you, sweetling." She confirmed, before turning back around and continuing her pursuit, as they entered the building.

To say that Mavis was surprised was an understatement. Her mother's words warmed a spot in her heart, that had been left cold and alone. She hated it-- hated that the woman still had such a hold over her. Of course, she knew that her words were probably just a pursuit to get her to stay. She knew if she couldn't get her to agree to stay then the other two would go with her.