𝟏𝟐. 𝐆𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

Eunhae blinked her eyes as she waited for the impact to hit her back but surprisingly nothing happened. There wasn't a single hint behind her back that indicated that she just fell from such a height rather her chest felt heavy as she tried to bring back her vision with the fog clearing up.

Jay groaned as he picked up his head and opened his eyes to meet another pair having the same expression as his.

The two were stuck, he didn't blink a single time and neither did she. It was like they were both meant for this very moment. The intimate position didn't bother them at all.

"Uh....." Eunhae was the first one to look away making the boy flustered as well as he got up from above her.

"Are you okay?" Jay inquired with genuine concern and she nodded.

"Where are we?" She questioned while looking around as the fog cleared away gradually.

"This is the Valley of Yearning." The same multiple voices as one answered but this time Jay could hear it as well.

The two neared each other in fear that resulted in their backs connected to each other.

"Don't fear....this place is a fortress for those who fear." A single voice echoed through the place as they noticed a vibrant scene with light that seemed like sunrays at a sunset but no sun to be seen anywhere.

"What the heck are you?!" Jay screamed as a floating figure with no face stood infront of them.

"I am the guardian of this garden." The woman replied as her voice echoed with the others voices copying her sentence.
"Could you all please stay quiet for some moments." She looked back at the flowy figures gathered behind her.

"I apologise if they scared you. They're usually quite friendly." She spoke with Eunhae who had seemed to had lost her voice.

"Is she still here..?" Jay asked as he hid behind the girl's back.

"Eunhae....could you hand me your invitation letter?" The spirit asked making her even more perplexed.

"M-my what...." Eunhae moved her legs back in fear.

An envelope flew out from her pocket and swiftly met the spirit's hand.

"Wait let me see!" "No me!" "I came here first!" The spirits behind her quarreled amongst themselves.

"Ah....so you're both royalty. I see that's why I was summoned here myself." The spirit's voice echoed once again.

"Where did you get that from?" Jay inquired with confused eyes.

"From Nicho-" Eunhae's sentence was interrupted by a swoosh of air that forced the two to stand up on their feet.

"You've been invited here to take a glimpse of the future." The spirit swiped her hand to reveal a cloud that showed visions.
"Remember, this is only a single possibility which is most probable and you need to make the best use of it."
The spirit's face glowed and a strong wind engulfed her.

The air in the atmosphere shifted as well, everything went dark and the plants and the tree in the middle all withered. A peculiar scene was shown where Eunhae sat on a throne with a huge crown on her head and beneath her layed eight headless bodies while everything around her was covered in blood.

The scene ended and the atmosphere turned back to normal with the plants turning back as well.

"What.....was that...?" Eunhae looked at Jay who had the same expression as hers.

"My job was to convey the message. It's your job now to interpret it and make the best use of it." The spirit replied.
"It time for you to go back."

"Please hurry up! We need to help them!" Sohyeon pleaded with tears as Sir James ran behind them.

"What's going on?" Jay questioned and stopped them before they could go further.

"What happened!? Are you guys alright? How did you climb back?" Sohyeon asked endless questions as she made sure it was the two of them.

"Are you children trying to prank me?" Sir James looked at them with raised eyebrows. "You can get detention for this."

"I'm sorry sir. I apologise on their behalf. It was a misunderstanding. We actually just got lost on the way." Jay bowed his head and Eunhae agreed while doing the same.

"Wh-" Before Sohyeon could say anything Heeseung placed a hand on her mouth and dragged her to the side.

"There shouldn't be a next time or you'll be in great trouble." The man warned and they nodded.

"It was real! I saw it with my own eyes!!" Riki exclaimed as soon as Sir James went away.

"It wasn't a big drop. We found a way back from there." Eunhae lied and they looked at her suspiciously.

"Why would I lie?" She looked at Sohyeon and the girl was forced to think about it.

"But what about those hands? Wasn't something down there!?" Riki asked the obvious.

"We'll talk about it on the bus." Jay replied while placing an arm on the boy's shoulder.

"You're alright. That's what only matters." Sohyeon took Eunhae in a hug and she hugged her back.

"Everyone! Time's up! We'll be leaving in ten." Sir James announced as he stood infront of the fountain while all the students gathered around there.

Everyone went ahead but Jay stopped Eunhae at the back and waited for them to leave.

"What should we do about it? Was it even real?" Eunhae questioned with the same expression he had on his face.

"Let's be chill about it. There isn't anything we can actually do about it rather than waiting for an answer." Jay replied with a serious gaze and she nodded.

"It's the best we keep it from the others until the right time. I don't want them to worry about anything." Eunhae suggested.

"You're right. We'll tell them when the time's right." Jay agreed.

__________________________________