2

"Wake up Sky."

My eyes open to see my sister Valentina. I turn my head to check the time on my clock.

7:30

Fuck. I'm going to be late.

"What the hell? It's almost 8 o'clock."

I rush out of bed and head to my closet to quickly pick out an outfit for the day. I go to the bathroom to change, brush my teeth, and put my makeup on.

As I run out of the bathroom and down the stairs to the kitchen, I grab an apple and head out to the driveway. I throw my backpack into the backseat and start up my car.

When I arrive at the school I park, grab my stuff out of the backseat, and rush through the front door. I make it to my first period just in time for the bell to ring.

I take a seat in the back and catch my breathe as the teacher starts class.

"Damn, you must have woke up late." Amber laughs next to me.

"I did and its not funny." I'm still breathing heavily.

"Excuse me ladies. If you have something to say please raise your hand." Ms. Burnett announces to the whole class.

"Sorry Ms, Burnett. I was just asking about last week's homework." I lie.

"Please save that conversation for after class."

Ms, Burnett is probably the most annoying teacher to ever live. She's not mean or anything, she's just a pain in the ass.

                                       +++

Lunch finally arrives. Like always I plan to get my lunch and head over to my friend group. However today, when I was in the lunch line, Jason was behind me.

"Hey Sky, did you get home alright last night?" He asks.

"Yeah I did, surprisingly." He laughs at my response. God, his laugh is adorable. We move up the line getting our food.

"So I'm hosting a party on Friday. And i'd love to see you there." OH MY GOD. HE'S INVITING ME TO HIS PARTY!

"Sounds fun, I'll be there." I play it off cool.

"Cool I'll see you there." He walks off to his friends and I do the same.

I sit at our table in the crowded cafeteria, next to Amber.

"I saw you talking to Jason." She says in a teasing way.

"He invited me to his party."

"Ooo, yay, we get to go to a party." Amber does a little dance. I laugh in response.

I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

Unknown Number: Hey it's Vanessa. I saw you talking to Jason.

I look around to see if I can find her. She's sitting at the table in front of us with the rest of the popular kids. When my eyes spot her, she is staring right at me. I immediately look back down at my phone and blush in embarrassment.

Sky Jenkins: Oh yeah, he invited me to his party on Friday.

I look back up to see if she got my text. She pulls out her phone and texts me back.

Vanessa Adams: Then we better get started with the lessons soon. How about today after school? I'll meet you at the music wing exit.

Sky Jenkins: Sounds good, I'll see you later.

"Who are you texting?" Amber leans over to see my phone. I turn it off just in time. "Is it Jason?"

"No it was my dad, he was telling me that he's coming back from his trip tonight." I lied hoping it was good enough.