Chapter 15

Alright children gather around for the longest chapter I've ever written on this app. But I haven't updated in months so it's deserved...

A coffee ground gaze stared into the book in her hands as she leaned in her chair comfortably. Her eyes traced the words on the page as the sound of silence with light shuffling surrounded her. She was content in the literature and comfort of the library of the university.

Should she have been stressed and wound tight for her upcoming exams?

Maybe.

Did she refuse to allow a piece of paper to upset her by even a degree?

Absolutely.

It is why the blue-haired man who slipped into the seat beside her admired her.

Bonu had never seen the ice queen lose her cool for even a moment while at the university. He was impressed to put it lightly and wanted to see more of her. But the memory of the crimson eyes that dead stared at him crept back into his mind. He was unsure what the pale man meant to Emiko but he only knew that they lived together. That much he could gather from the scene last time.

"Are you done staring, boner?"

Emiko's monotone cut cleanly through his thoughts like a knife and he tried to focus back on the present. When he took too long to respond, he lost the opportunity to say anything witty. But for some reason with Emiko he liked the way she cut through him like it was nothing. Bonu had gotten by with females with fluffy interesting colored hair and amber eyes. The combination made him look exotic and with his confidence topping it, he never had a problem.

But with Emiko, she barely got his name right half of the time. Something about the way she stared past him and rarely gave warm reactions made him only want to bother her more.

But when the luring idea of growing closer to the icy composure that was Emiko, those damn sharp crimson eyes stared back at him. He was unsure why he was a little intimidated by the mysterious man he saw with Emiko.

Bonu was built a little more on the muscular side from sports in high school and was even taller than him by a bit. But something that gleamed in the dark gaze that sat on the pale man's face brought a chill to his spine. The killing blow to what pride he tried to scrape from the scene was when Emiko acted like he was not even there once the man announced himself. All it took was the white-haired guy's voice and she did not spare a single glance his way.

Even when Bonu thought he had succeeded in getting somewhere with Emiko when she began to blush. An internal celebration when his blunt words and compliments were all it took to receive something more than impassive glances.

Bonu felt the frown creep on his face as his thoughts took a tumble for the worse.

"Yo, Emiko," Bonu started and was met with her brown eyes. A sarcastic smile laced her lips and a dark eyebrow lifted as he finally spoke.

"Yo, Bonu."

The concern and frown that marred his face finally fell for a soft smile at the sound of his name. The idea of Emiko acknowledging him fluffed a large sense of pride in his being. Something about having the only person who never looks his way spare him time made him feel accomplished. Her attitude made so much of a difference that her lips twisting into a petal-like smile swelled his being. Genuine or not, Emiko unknowingly held his pride in the palm of her hands.

Pale fingers flexed with palms wide open.

"Who was that white-haired guy that day?"

Emiko's entire body stiffened as her classmate brought up Juuzou. Deep down she dreaded the idea of talking about Juuzou out loud to anyone outside the CCG. In all honesty, the fear never went outside the back of her mind because she was able to shrug it away so easily. Emiko never spoke to anyone outside the CCG consistently so she never had to experience the scenario that scratched at the back of her skull.