Chapter 5

"Emi, wake up!"

The sudden weight on her body made her panic and she snapped her eyes open to see Juuzou straddling her. She groaned and tried to turn her body into the couch only to have Juuzou's weight pin her on her back.

"Come onnnn, you've been sleeping all morning, Emi!" She shot a glare at the far too excited boy who only pouted when she pulled a pillow over her head.

She gasped when pressure was applied to it and it made her squirm when it wouldn't budge. She tried to push back the panic tears until finally she threw it off, but by time she was breathing evenly again, Juuzou had skipped off into his room.

She grumbled, feeling murderous as she rubbed her tired face and started to clean up her temporary bed on Juuzou's couch from last night.

By the time she had made food, fed Juuzou and got a bit of progress done on their session, it was about twelve in the morning. When she only thought about going home, he ran around exclaiming sleep over. She was too tired to argue and in fact, found herself passed out on the couch only moments later.

She was unaware of the boy who seemed to be an insomniac walking around the house in the darkness.

Juuzou found himself restless as he walked around effortlessly quietly aiming to go to his balcony. But passing by the sleeping girl on his couch, he became curious. So he stopped short and leaned against the back of the couch to see her right hand tangled in her long inky waves that fell everywhere.

He wore a small smile as he thought of the letter he stitched into her skin, before using a hand to swiftly push the hair from her pale face. He gave a small giggle before helping her warm hand untangle from the inky waves and watched her face pout as she retangled it unconsciously.

"You're so cute, Emi." He whispered as he traced her eyelashes and facial features with his mind. "Mama wanted me to be like you, you know? But I am a boy and boys aren't cute...." The boy cringed and felt his hands itch as a burn resonated in his stomach. It was anger and irritation and it made him want to strangle the girl.

Whether it was out of envy or just a pure need but he wanted her dead. His hands balled up as he gazed enviously over her soft feature only to freeze as he saw her stitched right hand. He frowned as he glanced at his own.

"You're so pretty, Emi... Like an angel and now you're my angel!" He whispered with a grin, unaware that she couldn't hear him even if he subconsciously knew that she was in fact asleep. He giggled as he tapped her small pale nose ever so softly and went out to the balcony.

Emiko thought to sneak out while Juuzou was in his room and she was glad it was Saturday. It was her day off of school and Suzuya's appointments, and that meant she wasn't required to do anything but sleep and eat.

She blinked when her phone vibrated, only to internally groan as she realized it was Arima.

"Whaat?"

"Blood test, you got an hour and then we're going for lunch." Suddenly the call had ended and dread filled her. She hasn't been taking her medication at all like she was supposed to and she knew she was gonna get hell for it. She looked at her right hand, suddenly finding it much more interesting than the situation at hand.

She found herself curious and growing to like the little red bits of thread in her skin. She tugged at it and felt herself shiver at the sensation.

"Don't tug on it, Emi! You'll mess it up!" She rolled her eyes, unused to being called the ridiculous nickname by Juuzou.

"How do I keep it clean, Suzuya?" She asked while still staring at his work.

"I'll give you some stuff!" His perkiness at such an early hour made her feel even more irritated and lazy.