Chapter 4

A/N - Another time jump sorry.

Clementine was now 16 and was working with her mother in the bridal shop ,which Maribel had inherited as Mary had sadly past away.
Clementine longed to work in the bakery next door as she quite fancied the young apprentice that worked their but her parents wouldnt let her. As much as Zackary belived in true love he also belived the boy to be a tyrant and didn't want his daughter to get in trouble.

It was morning and the 3 of them where eating breakfast. Zackary was reading a telegram which was strangely signed by Jaycob he must have found out about his where abouts. Zackary just hoped he hadn't told his parents.

'Dear Z hope all is well Aaron and me miss you like hell, your Mom and Dad where angry at first but finally understand why you did it. I hope you dont mind but ive married one of the women that where originally offered to you.
Yours always Jaycob.'

Zackary laughed at the last sentence. He kissed his wife and daughter good bye before they left for work. He goes into the study and writes a telegram back to Jaycob.

'Dear cousin first of all congratulations on your marriage i am beyond delighted for you. Second of all everything is well Maribel and me have a daughter named Clementine she is the apple of my eye. I miss you and Aaron to.
Yours always Zackary.'

He walked discreetly down the street to the post box and then walked back home.

That evening Maribel and Clementine came home from work. Clementine stalked upstairs in an angered mood. Zackary went to console his daughter but maribel put her arm out to stop him.
"Leave her she's upset Jonny came into the shop with his bride this morning, she's devastated." Maribel says.
"Well that puts an end to my worries of her getting mixed up in his ways, good luck to his bride." Zackary says.

Once Clementine had, had time to mope Zackary went to speak to her.
"Darling there are plenty of suitable young men out there."Zackary tells his daughter
"I don't want suitable I want Jonny Evans. " Clementine wailed.
"No you dont you want someone who will treat you correctly. " says Zackary.

Zackary spoke to his daughter about the importance of finding the right one first time and about how Clementine shouldn't get herself stuck in a life she doesnt truly love. It ended in a hug and a small smile from Clementine.

As much as Clementine hated her farthers mushy words she appreciated him for trying to console her. She picked herself up and went downstairs for dinner. The three of them talked and laughed , every laugh and smile healed the small bruise on Clementines heart .

Zackary and Jaycob often wrote to each other and it made his day when he got a letter off of his cousin. Apart from today , Zackary was mortified when he read his cousins words.

'Dear Z
I am beyond sorry , your mother saw I was writing to you and snatched it away from me to get your address it was never my intention for her to find out.
Yours always Jaycob.'

'Flying jesters.' Zackary thought to himself. His mother knew about his where abouts , what was going to stop her from striding down to the little cottage and dragging him back to the palace . Zackary wrote back to Jaycob to reassure him that it wasn't his fault.

'Dearest cousin it is ok I understand what my mother is like I do just hope that her finding out does not affect my peaceful life I have with my wife and daughter.
Yours always Zackary.'