Chapter 5

'Dear Son there is no leader of el Synthia the commoners have revolted your father was killed in a brutal manner his body left chard due to the torches. Come back and serve your people.'
Your mother

'Dear mother
Oh lord I am sorry to hear about Daddys death , I have just one condition before I make my my way back to the monarchy. I wish to marry the love of my life Maribel.
Yours always Zackary'

Zackary was sad to hear about his fathers murder. He reminisced on the way his father taught him to climb trees and in his later years taught him about politics and how to keep his people happy. Which this time seemed not to have worked for what ever reason.

He was apprehensive about going to the palace again, but he wanted nothing more than to see his cousins Aaron and Jaycob.
Zackary waited for his family to come back from work.

Whilst Maribel was cooking a roast dinner Zackary told her that they would need a serious convosation this evening.
As they plated up the dinner they called Clementine into the dinning room.
"My mother sent me a letter today, my father is dead El synthia is at war with its own people. Mother has asked me to rule."Zackary tells the women
"What about us where will we go?" Asks Clementine.

"I'm waiting on my mother to write back with an answer to my condition, which is that i will only come back if I am allowed to marry your mother." Zackary answers.
The family talk for a long time before bed.

The week later.
'Dear Zackary
Of course you can marry Maribel we should never have tried to pick your spouse , also I'd love to meet my granddaughter. Please just come home.
Yours always your mother.'

That letter made his decision for him he packed up the house and flagged down a cab and asked him to wait till the evening when Clementine and Maribel would be home.

"Well it looks like your father has finally made a decision." Says Maribel looking up at the black stallion infront of the house.
Clementine smiled, she always wanted to know more of her family , but she was nervous.
"Get in." Says Zackary from the carriage window.
They do as he says.

"Mother has agreed on us marrying after the war." Zackary tells Maribel. She cant help but smile brightly.
"And shes also beyond excited to meet her grandaughter." He tells Clementine.

There was a hold up due to the war in El synthia.
Once they had gotten into El synthia they where at a stand still.
"Sorry sir it is impossible to go any further." Says the cab driver.
"Thats ok good man we can walk from here." Says Zackary.
His daughter and wife looked at him like he was mad.

He just smiled. Zackary had lived in El synthia all his life and knew all the backroads. He could get his family to the palace safely.

Zackary paid the cab driver generously and unloaded their things. They began their trek to the palace. The sound of shouting and the crackling of fire surronded them.

Finally the three of them jumped over the garden wall.
"Mr Cameron its me Zackary and my family." Zackary says to make sure the body guard would recognise him as they ran up to the door.

"Where is my mother?" He asks Mr Cameron once they are face to face.
"Her Majesty is in the cellar for her own protection." Says the body guard.
Zackary leads Maribel and Clementine to the cellar.

"Mother." He says once they are on the cellar steps.
"Zackary is that you." The queen says.
He walks down to her , Maribel and Clementine behind him.
"Oh my son." She says engulfing him in a hug.
"Hello mother."Zackary says.

"Maribel its lovely to see you again." Says the queen after releasing her son.
"And this must be my beautiful granddaughter I've heard about." She adds walking over to where clementine was sheepishly standing.
The queen gave her granddaughter a hug.
"Hello grandma." She says nervously.

Zackary and his mother talked about what had lead up to the war ,apparently in his old age the king had stopped keeping on top of the living conditions of the commoners and they hit back with violence.

Zackary stayed in the cellar with his mother and a piece of parchment paper to write a plan of how he Would deal with the war.