Chapter 10

TW- STILL BORN

Zackary attended Maribel's funeral , but had admitted himself back to his bed straight after.

She did not see him often , but when she did it pained clementine to see her farther so dishevelled. His skin practically stuck to his bone.

Clementine met her father in the hall way , on his way to the garden somewhere he went very rarely.
"Father please come and grieve with us, Delilah and Joseph are asking for you." Clementine pleas.
Zackary grunts in response and walks away . Clementine feels a pain in her heart, maybe she should give him some more time.

*
Suddenly Clementine doubled over in pain. Her water had just broken.
'No,no,no, its to early.' She thought.
Clementine called for Gill.
"What's going on?" He asks.
"My waters just broke." she explains.
"Your only 7 months." Gill freaks out.

Gill calls the midwife after taking his wife to their bed. Clementine decided to go against the status quo and didn't have the women around her watching her give birth.

She was in immense pain as the midwives guided her through birth.

Everyone panicked when the baby wasn't crying. Clementine just hoped that they where just stunned by the lights. The midwives did all they could without their equipment in the infirmary.

The babe was rushed to the infirmary. Neither parent had yet held the child. Gill and Clementine had an anxious pit in their stomachs.

With all the midwives might they did everything they could. But to no avail the baby did not take its first breath. God had taken an angel back to the heavens.

When the young couple where told they where in tears , with no show of them stopping.

Zackary was told about the death of his young grandson and felt pain for his daughter. He went to her bed chamber and sat by her bedside. The midwives had assured them that clementine was healthy.

Zackary swore to his children that he would never leave their side again. He told them that what he did was selfish he wasn't thinking straight and didn't realise that they where grieving to.
Clementine forgave him and told him that everyone grieved differently.

The king got back to his duties before the commoners decided to revolt for a second time .

*
Once the hurt had weakened Clementine managed to look at the memorial box that the midwives had made to remind her of her late son Jonathan. The couple named the baby after Gills father.

Zackary's promise held up his office door was always open as was his arms. At the moment Clementine was sat in his office quietly watching her father work. All she needed was company whilst Gill was working in the stables.