Shoto Todoroki | ☁️ | Time to Take a Break

TW: (N/A)

(UNEDITED)

Quirk: Origami (you can manipulate paper as you like to form stuff such as tools, weapons, or even armor)

~Sorry for not posting in such a while! Also a quick warning that some characters might seem a bit OOC here because in all honesty I haven't watched an MHA episode in like... three months. I'm sorry about all that guys. I still hope this is okay and that you enjoy nonetheless~

~Also this was very lazily done and put together. Sorry about that. I really had no inspiration for writing anything these past few days~

~One last thing; when a sentence or word is in bold, that means that the character is saying it in English and not in Japanese~

~-~ ~-•-~ ~-~

(Third Person POV)

As Shoto Todoroki entered the dark room, a frown came onto his face once he saw a light flickering from beneath a heap of blankets on your bed. Your still awake? You promised you wouldn't stay up this late...

"Ahem..." Shoto exclaimed, clearing his throat. You jolted up in your bed, the covers falling off of you as you noticed his presence at your door.

"H-how did you get in?" You stared at him, shocked.

"You forgot to lock the door," Shoto explained, walking slowly up to your bed before sitting calmly down next to you. "I just came in because I heard Jiro complaining about you causing a ruckus a couple minutes ago when you dropped something heavy on the floor. I thought you said you were sleeping? It's not usual for you to stay up this late."

"Oh, that was just one of the books I dropped for English," you explained, waving him off. "I'm honestly fine, but thanks for checking in on me."

Shoto took in the tired look in your eyes and the exhaustion written all over your face. In front of you was your phone with the flashlight turned on and piles of papers for all different kinds of subjects. He asked, "we're you studying?"

"Yeah, obviously," you slightly laughed, "I haven't been able to get a good amount of shut-eye due to Present Mic's upcoming quiz tomorrow. Not to mention Ectoplasm's test coming up... who knew math could be so scary..."

"You should get some sleep then," Shoto suggested, "knowing you, you've probably studied enough by now."

"No, I still can't spell of these vocabulary words," you sighed, going back over your flash cards, "and don't even get me started on the definitions of some of these."

"Are you sure?" Shoto then picked up one of your flash cards and asked you, "can you spell 'phenomenon'?"

"Easy!" You giggled slightly before answering as if you were in a spelling bee, "phenomenon. P-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-o-n. Phenomenon."

"See?" Shoto set down the flash card. "You've prepared enough. You need to take a break, (Y/N)."

"But-"

Before you could finish your sentence, Shoto interrupted you. "If you sleep now, we can have a soba date tomorrow."

Your eyes widened. The one thing you and Shoto loved the most were soba dates. "Fine, fine," you sighed, picking up the rest of your flash cards and setting them down on your desk. "You go get some sleep too, Sho. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright," he gave you a soft smile; an expression specifically reserved for you and you alone. "Good night, (Y/N). I love you."

Unfortunately though, you had already drifted off into a much-needed sleep, and you failed to hear his words. Shoto noticed this, but chose to let you rest. He slowly stood up and walked towards the entrance, exiting your room and softly closing the door behind him.

~-~ ~(TIME SKIP)~ ~-~

The next day, Shoto found himself eating a bowl of soba in the cafeteria, quietly listening to Midoriya muttering about a new hero that apparently had her debut the previous night.

"Moon Blaze is so cool! She can create a shadow version of herself that can create flames. She seemed to not have a good control over the shadow version of herself though... that might be her-" Then suddenly, Midoriya paused. "Uh... swan?"

This seemed to catch Shoto's attention. He titled his head to the side and asked, "she has a pet swan?" Before Midoriya could answer though, he felt something hit him in his cheek. He quickly caught it in his hands as it fell down, revealing it to be an origami swan. Knowing that it was probably a message from you, he quickly opened it.

Uraraka, who was sitting across from him and also listening to Midoriya droning on about heroes, exclaimed happily, "is it from (Y/N)? Maybe they want to arrange a date with you or something later! How sweet!"

Shoto quickly replied, "yeah, it's from them."

The note read; thanks for last night, Sho. Turns out you were right. I'm pretty sure I got an easy 'A' on that. Don't forget about our date tonight though! Save some space for more soba after school! ~ (Y/N)

Suddenly, a surprising and rare soft smile made it's way onto his face. He hadn't forgotten.

It didn't take long before you saw a paper airplane flying back over to you from Shoto's table. You quickly caught the note and opened it.

"Well, what does it say?" Ashido asked, jumping up from across the table and trying to look over at the piece of paper in your hand. She loved to stick her nose into the only confirmed relationship in their class between Shoto and you.

You smiled warmly before laughing out, "he said he's got a second stomach when it comes to soba!"

~-~ ~-•-~ ~-~

(A/N):
Hello folks! I hope you enjoyed this oneshot! Sorry I took so long in getting another one of these out, I just haven't been so obsessed over My Hero Academia recently. In fact, I've started writing a fanfiction for another anime I recently became obsessed over called Bungo Stray Dogs. I don't know if I'll find the inspiration to finish it now that I've started writing it, but with preparing to write a whole fanfiction now I might not be able to post many new oneshots. Sorry guys!

Also this oneshot might seem a bit OOC or poorly made. I just didn't really have much inspiration for it but still wanted to keep this book updated.

Also, if you enjoyed reading this, please consider voting and/or following! Sorry for the self-promotion, but I'm a very small writer and so it would mean the world if y'all showed support to me. Then again, you obviously don't have to. It's entirely your choice! I don't mean to sound forceful with this LOL

Now, sayonara folks! I hope y'all have a glorious day/night, and I hope y'all will enjoy reading my next few oneshots. Peace out, my dudes, girls, and non-binary folks. Go beyond, PLUS ULTRA!!

(1159 words)