On Our Way

For my Friend

Chris and Taylor walked through town so they could meet their mates at the railway tracks just outside Castle Rock. As they walked past the local drugstore, Ace Merrill walked out with Chris' brother 'Eyeball' by his side. Ace came up to Taylor and took her baseball hat her older sister, Beatrice, gave her before she died of leukemia. Ace kept waving it above her making her angry. "You're a real a**hole" Chris said. Ace threw Taylor's hat behind him and walked up to Chris. He held his cigarette in his hand then threw it on the ground. "I'm gonna give you a chance to take it back" Ace said. After a few seconds Ace hand knocked Chris down and held the used cigarette to his to Chris' face. For a few moments, Chris had said nothing but Taylor and Eyeball could hear him groaning in pain. "Stop It! You're Hurting Him!" Taylor said while kicking Ace in the back. Chris still hadn't said anything but then the cigarette came nearer and nearer. Chris finally cracked and said "I take it back!" Ace got up and walked off. Taylor help Chris back on his feet. "Thanks Tay" Chris said. A thousand thoughts were going through Taylor's mind about this 'Ace Merrill'...and they weren't good ones. Chris went to get Taylor's baseball cap, he dusted the dirt off it, then personally put it on Taylor's head. As they turned to walk to the train tracks. Chris smiled, "Hey, Chris...are you okay?" Taylor asked in smiling concern. "Uh...yeah...it's um...just the sun" Chris lied. He obviously had feelings for Taylor. But he didn't want her to know it. Little did he know Taylor had the same feelings for him...LOVE.