You and I

For Taylor

They were in the middle of the forest. Earlier they heard loud howling. So they all decided to take night watch with the gun Chris had. Chris sat by the closest tree near their campsite for the night.

Chris stood up and walked down the hill to sit in front of the fire. As he started getting lost in his thoughts. He looked at Taylor. She was mumbling in her sleep and constantly moving around. Chris could tell she was having a nightmare. He didn't know whether to wake her up or let her sleep. He decided to wake her up. If she was dreaming something horrible and scary, he wouldn't want her being traumatized but that thing scaring her in her mind. As Chris leaned over, about to put his hand on her shoulder she woke up with a shock as she saw the fire. "Hey...hey...Taylor...Are you okay?" Chris said in a soft voice as he stroked her brown hair. Taylor lied and said "yes" when really she wasn't. She had the most awful dream and Chris could tell. Chris moved closer and wrapped his arms around her. He wiped away her tears. "I'm scared" said Taylor in a shaky voice. "Of what?" Chris asked. "Going back home" Taylor said between breaths. "My father doesn't think I'm good enough to be part of the family". Taylor cried even more. "Tay...don't worry" If you ever need anyone...You know I'll always be here for you". Taylor's head laid on his chest. She looked up and Chris started to move closer. Chris leaned down and kissed Taylor on her lips. They both felt sparks...not...not sparks...fireworks.