Chapter 6

I don't know how to face you guys anymore
Chapter 6

Sam's POV

As we enter through the big double doors the smell of paper books hit my senses. It wasn't always a pleasant smell for me. For work unknown reason I had always hated books. Especially the old ones. Maybe because the last thing I remember doing before the incident in the hospital was cleaning out the local library.

The receptionist looked up as we stopped at her desk. She only looked at Derek. She didn't notice me, like that was new. She blushed under Derek's gaze and quickly looked down at the papers in her hands.

"Excuse me miss, I'm looking for the most recent records of Sam Arnolds? This is very important to my friend." The woman, Elizabeth on her name tag, looked surprised then quickly composed herself.

"Was he a close friend?" She looked sad all of a sudden.

"Was? He still is" For some reason Derek looked on the verge of anger. No. He was angry. He must be sick of everyone looking at him like he was a freak of sorts.

"Ah. Of course." Sympathy and concern came through her voice so thick it made me want to scream. It was frustrating me. It had seemed like they had completely forgotten about me. But then Derek had looked at me and smiled and reminded me I wasn't alone. I smiled back and felt so much better.

"Well, anyway section 5 row 3 shelf 8. There are his records. The poor thing." she looked sad again. Did that incident show something horrible. The reason people avoid me? I just had to look so I turned and went straight to that section not bothering to wait for Derek.

Derek had thanked the lady and quickly pursued me catching up in no time with those long legs of his.

We located row 3 and started to search for shelf 8.

"6...7...8!" Derek slowly reached up and pointed along the backs of the folders, searching for the letter A. He found it, but the folders were not in alphabetical order so it took him a while. "Sam, here you are."

The folder was in my heads and this was the key to it all. I hesitated, knowing that this could hangs everything. But before I could open the file, I felt hands on my face and I slowly looked up into the eyes of Derek. They had a glint of light in them, it looked dangerous, but I had never felt safer. Even in Adam's arms.
He slowly leaned down and captured my lips in a searing kiss that made my toes curl. He released me and slowly said "no matter what is in this file, my feelings won't change. Even if you have some disease. I will still love you."

Tears came to my eyes and I slowly whispered to him "I love you too."

Bu then my attention focused on the file again. Now no hesitation in me as my hand lifted the cover to reveal the information inside.

I thought it had been a disease, the reason everyone had avoided me. But no, this was much, much worse.

**********

Should I do a happy or sad ending? I need your help with this one guys!