Chapter 7

Lol I'm weird.

Derek looked at Sam with all the astonishment in the world. How? How can this even be possible? Was it the truth they were desperately searching for? It couldn't be!

"Wh-what is this? Derek? Please tell me, help me, this can't be right, right?" Sam lifted his head to look up at Derek, but his expression quickly crumbled as he started to sob and the pieces of the puzzle came together. It is impossible and yet... Everything made sense to him now.

'Um... excuse me sir but could you help me with this?' 'Pardon me, but were you talking to me?' 'IS ANYONE THERE!?' All those nightmares he had over being abandoned and alone was because of this!?

His heart rate picked up and his breathing became erratic as realisation hit him in the chest as he looked at that piece of information that is currently changing his whole world.

'Birth:17th January 1978
Death: 13th August 2004
Cause of death: fatal car accident, death in surgery.'

Death.

He was dead? But how was he able to talk to Derek? Explain that! Sam successfully got his breakdown under control as he was used to such a feeling. He always started to have a panic attack when things got too much as people always ignored him.

This whole time Derek was still reeling in shock. He couldn't believe his eyes. Death!? Sam was a ghost? But how was it possible that he could talk to him? He tried to recall about anything that had anything to do with this and a part of his brain have him the answer.

"Umm... Sam? I think I know how I'm able to communicate with you. Well...um... my mother was a psychic medium. Meaning she could speak to and hear the dead. I somehow must have inherited that ability and we have unknowingly ended up in this predicament. God I'm... I'm so confused, but yet I can understand this... but there's definitely a problem with this arrangement."

Derek revealed this little bit of information to Sam whose eyes were near the size of saucers. That statement finally making him realise what's happening.

"I'm a ghost? But... but aren't ghosts supposed to not have emotions or anything? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!" Sam was freaking out and Derek didn't know what to do.

"Calm down Sam. Please." Derek pleaded silently for Sam to listen and Sam calmed down enough for them to hear the footsteps of heels coming down the aisle.

It was that receptionist. "Did you find what you're looking for sweetie? I'm sorry if this has caused you any trouble." She smiled sympathetically and Derek just smiled and put the file back and walked away with Sam in tow.

------------
Was this bad or not? There's only about three chapters left though so...
o(^_^)o
Bonsoir