Chapter 1

Chapter 1!

Sam's POV

Another uneventful day at work. It's always been like this for a while so i've gotten used to it a bit. Ever since the car crash people have avoided me. Or pretended I didn't exist.

My boyfriend, well ex, Adam, has totally moved on without saying 'oh, just thought you should know that I'm breaking up with you, and getting married so bye'.

He couldn't even care to say that while I was in the damn hospital. He didn't visit me in the hospital, didn't send me flowers or text me ever again. I don't know what happened to everyone.

The bus stop was rather busy today, I noted.

The car crash. If I hadn't been speeding, things could have been different. And whatever happened didn't happen. Everything has changed. And not for the better.

I wish someone would at least say 'hi' to me when I say 'hi' to them.

I wish someone would talk to me.

I wish someone would look at me.

I don't care who. JUST SOMEONE, PLEASE!

"Um... excuse me, sir? You're in my way. I would be very grateful if you could jaunt step to the side for a second."

What?

My head snapped to look at the person towering over me. Very tall, brown hair, stubbly chin, and green eyes. Wow. Hot damn.

"Oh! Pardon me, I'm so sorry! I was just surprised... never mind." I mumbled the last bit. He probably thinks I'm weird now. Just like everyone else seems to. He'll probably think I'm a waste of space too.

Oh well. What was I thinking about? Oh yeah, wish granted. I started to notice that the other man hadn't moved from his spot. What?

I full on faced him again. "Do you need help with something?" I let a bit of my sadness seep into my voice unintentionally. He won't answer if he's anything like everyone else. I cringed and was about to walk away when I felt a hand grab my wrist.

He was looking at me with such an intense stare I was sure I was going to blush like a damn tomato.

"No. Why would you ask a question then start to leave? Are you okay?" A hint of a British accent was in his voice. Ah, so he's a traveller or he's new here. Either way. He'll start ignoring me soon enough.

"Well, weren't you going to not answer like everyone else I ask who doesn't answer me back?" What a strange man.

"Why would you think that!? You don't even know me. Don't make weird conclusions like that!" His warm eyes had turned a deep purple and I felt like I was being hypnotised. They were so beautiful. There was nothing in comparison to them.

"You have nice eyes." I realised my slip up. Crap. I blushed a deep tomato red as my mind processed what I just said to the stranger.

"Haha. You have to be the most random person I have ever met. I'm Derek. Nice to meet you." his hand stuck out. Presumably for a handshake. This is a first. I haven't even interacted with anyone since the accident until now.