~X~

Spoilers ahead! 

"Uh..."

A giant squid-like creature was the attacker. Several long tentacles marked in golden runes and one giant eye made up the creature. 

"You know, it's kinda cute," Kat had to admit as the invisibility spell vanished.

However, that 'cute' giant eye narrowed severely as it saw them, and they saw it. 

He wasn't distracted for very long though, and stretched out one of his tentacles towards the younger of the two women. Thinking quick, Stephen shot a spell forward, slicing off the tentacle, causing the creature to roar in pain, which quickly surged into anger. 

"America, go!" called the injured girl.

"No! I'm not leaving you! It's after me!"

"Yes, it is, I'll only slow you down-"

"AHH!" The younger girl let out a scream as the bus they were still in tipped, thanks to the tentacles of the squid-creature - it was lifting up the bus, crushing and shaking it.

The bus tipped and the women fell out the crushed opening, and Stephen threw Cloak, just catching them and bringing them to stand by the sorcerers in safety.

Or not - not quite yet.

"Do I know you?" Stephen asked the younger woman. 

"Watch out!"

She pointed as the squid hurled the crushed up bus at them, Stephen casting a spell which sliced the bus right in half. 

 "One of the them is injured," Kat told him.  "We need to get them out of here-"

Before she could finish, a tentacle burst between them, smashing Stephen backward. Cloak still held the two women in safety, but the creature was chasing them. 

There was a nearby flash and a glowing rope tangled itself around the creature. Wong had opened a portal and joined the fight.

"You know it's customary for Sorcerers to bow in the presence of the Sorcerer Supreme," he said as Stephen rejoined them. 

"I'm aware of the customs - I'm just not sure now's a good time." Cloak snuggled back around his shoulders, flapping violently. In Cloak's attempt to help the two women, it had been beaten down by the squid and dropped them halfway up a building. Now the squid was climbing up towards them.  

The three sorcerers cast magical chains, catching the creature, but it was strong enough to keep going, pulling them up along with it. And so up they went - up, up, up...

The younger of the two kicked down some rubble on the creature, but this didn't deter it and it continued in its climb.

A broken street sign pole was lifted up by Stephen's spell, shooting upwards and plunging itself right into the squid's eye.

There was a sickening squelch! and the eye was ripped right from the socket and fell to the ground, the squid's giant body following with a shaking CRASH!

Kat opened a portal down into the street so the women were no longer atop the building. "Just a regular day in New York," she said with a shake of her head.  "This is gong to be one hell of a clean up."

"Yeah," Stephen sighed.  "Could you-" 'Could you explain' was what he wanted to say, but the two women were gone - and so was his sling ring.

"They stole my slingy."

"Yes, they did," chuckled Wong. 

Sneaking away, the women rounded the next corner - only to find the three Sorcerers standing there waiting for them.