~XI~

Spoilers ahead! 

"Ugh!"

"Well, that's definitely a look," Kat admitted. "Dramatic, as always..."

The sisters had led the sorcerers to the top of a nearby building where they had stashed what they wanted to show them: a body. Stephen's body. Stephen's dead body.

"So this is other you..."

"The monster chasing us killed him and injured Catalina," the teenager explained. "This you was leading us to the Book of Vishanti. It was real, we saw it with our own eyes. He believed it could help us."

"This me had a ponytail," Stephen responded, clearly unimpressed. 

"I like it, the ponytail. Well this is certainly proof all right," Kat said, also kneeling down to get a better look at the body. "I wonder what other me's like..." 

"We will help you," Wong told the sisters.  

"We're not trusting him again," the elder of the two said, nodding to Stephen. "He betrayed us. How can we trust he won't do so again?"

"You can't. So you're just gonna have to trust me," Stephen responded. 

"We don't need them," Kat's doppelganger told her sister.

"Catalina," the teenager protested. 

"Catalina," Wong repeated.  "That is your name." He nodded to the elder sister.  "And what is your name, young one?" he asked the teenager. 

She hesitated before answering.  "America Chavez."

"America and Catalina Chavez."

"Yes, we are from the Utopian Parallel. As you already know, my sister can cross the Multiverse. I am the Build Stone Variant."

"Build Stone? That's not an Infinity Stone."

"There are many Infinity Stones.  I serve my lady, Lady Infinity, the Infinity Stones, and the Universe."

"You know about Lady Infinity?"

"Yeah, we're a band of heroes called the Infinity Gauntlet, she and all the Stone Variants."

"Huh, would've been nice to know, have a little head's up," Kat muttered, thinking of herself and the other Variants not knowing what the hell was going on until after Thanos's snap. 

"You can come back with us to Kamar-Taj," Wong offered the Chavez sisters. "You will be safe there. The squid-beast had gold markings all along its body - the other monster that was chasing you, did it have any similar markings?"

"Yes, it did."

"Not just any markings," said Kat. "Runes. This isn't sorcery."

"It's witchcraft," Stephen filled in. 

"Well we know plenty of sorcerers, but know anyone who is well versed in witchcraft?" Wong asked.

"Yeah, we do actually: Wanda Maximoff."

Stephen nodded. "Wanda Maximoff." Wanda Maximoff, the Avengers very own witch.

--------------------------------

Kat admitted - but only to herself - that she was glad Stephen went to visit Wanda on his own. She wasn't ready to face all that Scarlet Witch stuff again all up close and personally, not after her brief but nonetheless intense visit to Westview not so long ago. 

Turned out her hiding this time around was brief as well. Very brief in fact.

Stephen came back distressed. "She has the Darkhold," he announced, his words sending an odd shiver down Kat's spine. Equal parts dread and desire - something deep within her still longed for the Book of the Damned, craved its hold over her, despite her long-lasting efforts to push that all away and bury it for good.

"She has taken hold of it, and it has taken hold of her," Stephen continued.  "And neither are letting go." 

"The Scarlet Witch is a being of unmeasurable power," Wong explained to the group of gathered sorcerers. "It was prophesied that she was either meant to rule the world, or end it."

"She's doing this for her sons, to try and find a reality where they can all be a family together," Stephen explained.  "She's already taken over a whole town - if she get's America's powers, there's no telling what she could do."

"She she could take over the minds of everyone," Kat said.  "And enslave the Multiverse."

America turned to Stephen.  "So the person you went to for help is actually the person who's after me and my powers, and you told them exactly where I am," she confirmed.

"Yeah..."

Everyone awaited Wong's, the Sorcerer Supreme's, orders.  "Prepare yourselves - Kamar-Taj must now become a fortress."

(I really loved seeing Wanda go full villain! Can't wait to see what she'll do next!

As always, thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :))