~XII~

Spoilers ahead!

And so that's exactly what they did. All the sorcerers, even the trainees, from each of the Sanctums in London, Hong Kong, and New York all gathered at Kamar-Taj to defend America Chavez, the Multiverse-hopping teenager, from the Scarlet Witch.

America and Catalina were locked and barricaded in the deepest chamber within the compound.

"With me being the Infinity Stone Variant of the Build Stone, my abilities extend to create and 'build' things into existence," she explained.  And so the barricading was all her doing.  After all, it was her sister's life on the line.

She wore a suit, apparently crafted for her, for each of the Stone Variants, by Lady Infinity herself for their involvement in the Infinity Gauntlet group.  She grasped her sister's hand. "Don't worry, America. We won't let her near you."

Wong's partner Sara was in charge of all the weaponry: cannons, archers, shields, everything. Just as they were putting the finishing touches up, a dark cloud descended upon the compound now turned fortress. 

"Here she comes."

The Scarlet Witch had arrived.

"Choose your words wisely," Wong advised Stephen as everyone assumed their defensive positions.  "The fate of the entire Multiverse depends on it."

"Right," said Stephen.  "So no pressure then." With that he floated up high above the compound for one final confrontation with Wanda in one last desperate attempt to dissuade her. 

The two spoke for a few moments before Stephen floated back down to rejoin them and Wanda stayed in place. 

"Nailed it."

"Let's hope so."

Wanda wasted no time in firing upon the compound with a large blast of her red chaos energy the Sorcerers, however, were prepared.

A giant shield became visible as soon as her magic struck it, Eldritch magic separating her from the rest of the compound - so long as the Sorcerers below held up the fortifications under Wong's directions.

Wanda stopped for a moment, tilting her head in a familiar mannerism. 

"She's trying to get in their heads," Kat stated knowingly. 

"Sorcerers! Fortify your minds!" Wong commanded. 

They tried their best, but Wanda was sneaky.

Causing one Sorcerer to flee from his post caused the rest of the shield to quickly crumble and pretty soon, the compound was crumbling along with it. 

"Fall back! Fall back!" Stephen shouted and everyone - everyone who could that was - fled into the hopeful safety of the indoors. They had already lost several of their fellow sorcerers in the fray. 

Stephen, Kat and Wong, the last to head inside, hurried to join the Chavez sisters. 

"What's happening?" America cried.

"She's inside." Stephen turned to Catalina. "Got any more barriers up your sleeve, use them now."

Suddenly, all the doors slammed and sealed shut around them, candles and torches flickered out, plunging them into a deeply chilled darkness.

"How could she have gotten through so quickly?" asked Catalina. 

"She's using the reflections!" Kat cried, meaning any shining surfaces, including puddles of water leaking in from the cracks caused from the battle outside. "Quick, cover them!"

Everyone scrambled around, trying to do just that. Suddenly, America gave a loud shriek. 

A hand was reaching through the wall, the rest of Wanda's body following until she stood before them once again, that determined glow blazing in her eyes.  

"All so dramatic.  Don't worry America, your sacrifice will be for the greater good of the Multiverse as a whole." 

"You're just being selfish," Catalina spat back.

 "Will our troubles with the Infinity Stones ever end? There are so many things that haunt me." Wanda's darkened gaze fell on Stephen. "No thanks to you." Then she addressed all of them once more. "I have lost everything," Wanda returned with equal venom.  "My parents, my brother, my home, my friends, my freedom, the man I love, and now my children. And I will not lose them too."

"Wanda, you don't have any children," Stephen insisted.  "They were made up."

"Stephen, shut up!" Kat hissed.  Did he  really think that was going to help here? 

"But I know they're out there. I know-" She waved her hand, and the Darkhold materialized in front of her, in front of all of them, for all to see. Several red globes of chaos magic all connected by equally red strands appeared with them, connected, but only slightly, displaying images of Wanda and her sons, Billy and Tommy, or rather other versions of them in other realities. "There are other realities where we're together, happy, as a family, many in fact. I know because I dream of them, I see them. Every night, the same dream. And every morning, the same nightmare." Her voice and expression darkened. "And since none of you are mothers you wouldn't know that a mother will do anything, anything, for her children-"

Stephen struck first, firing a spell towards her, but Wanda acted quick and flung it right back, all while grabbing a hold of America. 

BLAST! 

"Whoa!" 

America's powers were suddenly triggered, and took the form of an electric blue star carving out portals in reality,  in the very Multiverse itself. 

Wanda reached out towards the teen, her hand glowing red,  but Catalina dove in front of her, Kat and Stephen diving ahead of her. Cloak flew forward and engulfed Wanda, trying to buy them some time. 

Wanda quickly threw Cloak off and sent a blast after them. The force of America's powers was sucking them into and through the portal. Cloak went back around Stephen's shoulders, though not before getting struck with the blast Wanda sent their way, burning a hole in the back of poor Cloak. 

And with that, the four were sucked through the portal and carried away, far away from Kamar-Taj, and across the vast Multiverse.

(Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :))