Awake

"I'm all ears"

That was what got Marinette talking about her whole school life to Felix. With the exception of talking about how being Ladybug and being the guardian affected her too.

She didn't even notice that a few minutes have passed until the oven bell rang. "The macarons!" She exclaimed. She frantically opened the oven and sighed in relief as she noticed that they weren't burnt. "Well, that was a handful." Felix says in reaction to that long story.

Felix wondered, what made her open up in an instant? Was it because she'd been waiting to tell her side of the story for so long? It was a valid question.

However, he brushed those thoughts aside as he wasn't really ready to ask more questions. He felt sympathetic towards her. He could understand the pain from losing friends especially in the form of bullying.

"Hey you've been staring at the floor for awhile." Marinette stated. Felix quickly snaps out of his thoughts and proceeds to unmute his microphone.

"My apologies Marinette. Is there something you need?" He asks. "I don't really need any help. You were just sitting there, looking down and I just got confused." She replied.

"I might just be tired. After all that socializing, I think I should be going to bed." Felix stated as he followed it up with a gentle yawn.

"Just go to sleep already. We have a party ahead of us after all." She suggested. While waiting for his response, she begins to put on the filling inside the macarons.

"I'm only agreeing to this because my cousin suggested that we attend. It would be impolite for me to refuse family." He sighed out, spinning around lightly in his office chair.

"That's brutally honest of you, your highness." Marinette teased. Although she had to admit, she felt a little hurt by his honest comment.

"Well I'm sorry your majesty but my social battery needs rest from time to time." He teased back. The young baker let out a slight "Hm" sound out of disappointment and formed her face into an exaggerated pout.

"Although..." Felix continued, leaving Marinette excited yet nervous as to what he was going to say next. "It seems like you don't drain my social battery as much. You're not as much of a nuisance." He added.

Marinette smiled gently at this comment. Although she was left quite confused as to what that was supposed to mean, she was glad not to be a bother like her classmates told her she was.

"Well, I guess I'll take that as a compliment?" She stated. Marinette looks down and looked frantic as she noticed that she put too much icing on one macaron.

Panicking, she grabs a bread knife and spreads the filling onto another macaron. Finally, she felt relief and went back to her usual baking routine as the situation has been taken care of.

"I guess we both need some sleep huh?" Marinette says lightheartedly and follows it up with a chuckle. She looks up the clock, and notices that it's already past her usual sleeping hour.

Marinette proceeds to yawn and continues filling in the last macarons. Finally, she finishes her job and starts washing the dishes and sorting the macarons out to boxes. "Are you ending the call?" Felix asks with a bit more sadness in his voice.

"Why so worried your highness?" The young baker teased. "I just- never mind. I'm still really sorry that happened to you Marinette." He stated in a hushed voice.

Then suddenly, someone else joins the call. It was none other than, "Chloe?!" Marinette exclaims in shock. "You've been on this call for more than an hour.

This is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous! How are you going to properly prepare for my party if you can't even sleep at a reasonable hour!" The mayor's daughter complained.

"How did you get in here anyway?" Marinette questioned.

Chloe laughs at her question, baffled by what she's just heard. "You both definitely need rest if you can't even remember you're in a group call!" She exclaimed.

Felix rolls his eyes at this. "Well then Ms. Bourgeois, why are you awake?" He asked sarcastically, with a sly look on his face.

"Well unlike you two, I actually got some beauty relaxation and treatment and I'm about to sleep anyway." She responded, rolling her eyes.

"You know what, Chloe's right. We should go to bed." Marinette suggests. Chloe says her goodbyes and Felix and Marinette were left inside the call, again.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow?" Felix asks. Marinette was taken aback by this, but proceeded to give him a reassuring nod. Then, the group call ended.

The young designer sorts out the dishes she recently washed, and finally goes up to her room to rest.

"We saw that." Trixx stated with a smug look on her face. "Saw what? There was nothing interesting for you to see." Marinette says as she locks her trapdoor and prepares to go to bed.

"I thought you were supposed to be in love with Adrien? And now you're starting to like Felix?" The little fox questions again. The guardian laughs it off and shrugs it off.

"No way! Felix? No thank you. Adrien is totally a lot more cooler, nicer, and approachable!" She laughs it off.

"Approachable?!" Mullo flies to Marinette, baffled by what it just heard. "You can barely even go five meters near him!" Trixx teased.

"Alright that's enough, I'm going to bed. We can just talk about this in the morning. I've got a party to attend tomorrow." The guardian states in a tired voice.

The kwamis took this as a sign and eventually, they go to their individual hiding spots to rest.

The designer tries to sleep, but thoughts of Felix and Adrien filled her mind. She groaned as she buried her face on top of her pillow.

She was twisting and turning, she couldn't sleep yet she felt tired at the same time.  Marinette grabs her phone out of boredom and frustration, attempting to get rid of her thoughts.

"Am I really starting to like Felix?" She thought to herself. Suddenly, her phone dings and a notification pops up. She opens it and finds out it's from Felix.

Felix Graham de Vanily

— Are you still awake?