Comfort

"Felix?" Marinette questions, surprised that he was suddenly there sitting beside her. She clears her throat and wipes away almost all of her tears, not wanting to make a bad impression. However, she couldn't really help it. Her tears just kept falling down.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this." She said in an apologetic tone, letting out an awkward chuckle. Needless to say, she felt embarrassed about the whole situation.

"I can leave if you want me to." Felix suggested.

Marinette was contemplating on whether she should let him stay or leave. It would sound rude if she told him to leave. However, if she told him to stay, wouldn't that be embarrassing?

"You can stay, only if you want to of course! I mean, I don't really want to force you to stay and I just really think it would be impolite of me to refuse! I mean- okay what am I saying..." She said.

Marinette let out a sigh, as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. She felt like an idiot crying out on public for the world to see.

"I'm just exhausted." She said.

"How so?" Felix asked.

"Lila has constantly been putting me down, and it's been going on for so long. I don't know how much longer I can handle her treatment." Marinette says, clenching her fists.

Then it went silent. Felix didn't really know what to do as he wasn't really the best in comfort. He hesitantly rubs her back, trying to comfort the silent girl.

She was taken aback by the gesture, but she eventually let it go. Marinette looks up at him with her teary eyes.

He looked like Adrien.

Adrien...

Adrien...

Adri—

Marinette quickly snaps out of her thoughts, she really couldn't help but notice the resemblance between the two boys. They both looked so identical, but in terms of style and personality, they definitely didn't match.

She looks to the side, trying to avoid his gaze. What was she even thinking?

"I-I'm going to go uhh- meet with Chloe!" She says, trying to exit the conversation. Marinette leaves, leaving Felix alone and confused as to what he did wrong.

-

"Marinette, what were you thinking? You don't even like Chloe."

"Oh there you are Marinette!" Adrien yells out. She looks back and sees him and nervously smiles.

"Marinette I was so concerned! You were running out of the canteen in tears and I tried to follow you, but then I couldn't really find you anywhere." He says with concern laced in his voice.

Marinette felt really appreciated, yet for some reason, she could still see Felix in his appearance. Of course they looked alike, she just never saw him like that before.

"Where have you been all this time?" He says, interrupting her thoughts.

"W-well... I was at a bench! With F-Felix." She says.

"Felix?" He asked, starting to feel curious. "I never saw him as the comforting type before..." He added. Adrien couldn't believe what he was hearing about his cousin. It seemed like such an odd thing for him to do.

However, since he's started to get a little comfortable with his circle of friends, maybe he was just doing his best. It was just very unlike him though.

"Well, I'm glad you're doing okay now." Adrien says.

Marinette puts on a smile, now her worries seem to fade away. Both of them walk away in silence and it gave room for her thoughts again.

She was starting to forgive Felix despite the things he has done in the past. She has let go of that hatred and has started becoming more comfortable around him.

Then here comes Adrien. He had always stuck by her side no matter the rumors that spread around or the reputation she had. She felt like she could finally trust him and not put a mask of shame anymore.

"I'm starting to appreciate them both more." She thought to herself.

-

A few hours have passed, and she managed to tolerate the remaining time in class. They were almost going to have their slumber party, and Marinette was feeling anxious and excited at the same time.

She was hopeful that maybe she could get closer to the rest of her friends. She thought about almost every scenario that could happen in the party and she was prepared for all of that.

She packed her bags, bringing a change of clothes and a few more essentials. She puts on her shoes, and fixes her hair, and finally leaves her room.

"Bye sweetheart! Don't forget the things you baked!" Her mom yells out. She panics, immediately putting the box of pastries inside a paper bag.

Her parents wave goodbye from the kitchen, wishing their daughter the best. Marinette waits outside the bakery, wondering where the car that was supposed to pick her up was.

Not So Utterly Ridiculous Group Chat

Queen Chloe👑
"Where are you all??"

ADRIKINS
"We're still on our way to pick Marinette up :]"
"Felix, Kagami and Luka are already here"

Queen Chloe👑
"Good, I don't want to wait all day."
"The food is getting prepared and I don't want you to act like snails
or else the food will get cold 🙄"

Marinette waits for her ride patiently. Then eventually, the car arrives and surprisingly, the people inside were radiating positive vibes. It was really refreshing.

She was surprised to see Luka, Felix, Kagami and Adrien engaging in a really close and friendly manner. She felt really happy seeing this.

"Oh hey Marinette! Come in!" Adrien gestures to the backseat and Felix opens the car door for her. Felix helps her put her things inside the trunk and eventually, they both get inside and sit on the backseat.

"So, what was so funny about your discussion?" Marinette asked in a friendly manner. The friends giggle and eventually burst into laughter.

Marinette smiles and laughs along. Their laughs were really contagious and she's never seen her friends this happy before. The positive vibes made Marinette calmer and more comfortable.

This was going to be a fun night.