Chapter 3

"So, did I get it right?" New is lying on his bed while Tay is cleaning his wounds from yesterday. It was all an act, but unfortunately, he carried away so much that he ended up hurting himself.

Tay's grandmother orders him to clean up New's wound, and they are both alone in the room. That means they are free to talk about the game without worrying that someone might hear them.

Tay took a deep breath and without looking, he nodded. "You're a fast learner, I guess."

"It was fun."

"For you."

"Come on, it's just a game," New said. Tay doesn't know if he's trying to cheer him up or if he just wants to tease him. "Anyway, is Off coming over?"

"No," Tay answered. New was about to ask why when the older guy cut him off. "I don't know why. Don't bother asking." He added.

The younger frowned, trying to read the older's mind but Tay's face is unreadable. He wasn't showing any reaction and his face is facing the wound that New can barely see. "Did you guys fight?"

"Why do you care?" Tay started to feel irritated just by reminding him that he had an argument with Off, his own best friend because of the kid in front of him. A stupid argument shouldn't exist in the first place.

New scoffed, "Care? I don't even know that word," New answered. "Curious is the right term," He added.

Tay didn't bother to say anything at all and ignore whatever comes out of New's mouth, as he didn't want to talk to him. He just wants to do what his grandmother wanted him to do and leave. 

"Why didn't he believe you?" New asked once again.

"How could he not?" Tay asked him back. New has the props, the acting skills, and the game advantage. How could they not believe him?

"I mean, I do have believable acting skills, but wasn't he your best friend?" Tay tried to make this as fast as possible so he could leave the room. "Was he supposed to ask you before taking a side?" He added.

Tay has finished with New this time. He is so fed up. He stood up and looked the younger boy straight in the eyes. "What do you know?"

New didn't expect this kind of reaction. He is a bit caught off guard by Tay's words and reaction, "Nothing—"

"Exactly, you don't. Do you have a best friend or even a friend?"

New was completely surprised by the words that kept going out of Tay's mouth. New is the type of person who won't let himself lose in an argument, but this time, he is out of words. He has insecurities and sensitive parts that people don't know about. It was like digging in a hole he dug so no one could see his weakness.

"No, right? So stop acting as if you know what friendship means. I bet you haven't had one since then."

Then Tay stormed out, leaving New speechless.

"Sawadee, Grandma."

"Sawadee, Off. Are you looking for Tay?" Off nodded in response. "He's in his room." Off went to his best friend's room. Knocking before opening the door.

"Why are you here?" Tay asked.

"Can't I go here?" Off asked back.

"It's not like that. You're welcome here anytime—unless I'm taking a shower." Tay answered. Off sat beside Tay, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, playing with his ball. "Erm, aren't you mad?" Tay asked Off.